Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki,

My 2014 650 changes to the highest ratio to quickly and engine grumbles @ 60kph it changes to lower ratio if you give some extra throttle but bit slow to react and you lose my mileage gain, I get your chasing the extra mileage.

1) Why not drop the manual mode altogether or if you keep it position the up/down buttons so you don't require a 4" long thump, up in front of binnacles (index finger) up shift and (thump) down shift at the rear.
2) Eco mode (as is D now), D mode (more sensitive to throttle and higher rpm), Sport mode (as is power now) you could just use the power button to scroll through each option.
3) Seems to me there's a lot more what you'd call chain wipe sensation on throttle floating or backing off and on again.
4) Haven't checked but CVT unit removal if you had removal able frame bar that would save quite a bit of time to r & r the unit and maybe not scare people of with hi $$ the get to it.
5) Double latch on seat would be nice.
6) Butt rest way to forward for me (max rearward position, 5"10") better without it fitted but than you get hard unpadded plastic.

That's 4 weeks & 1,600klms living with it. :)

Greg

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
A SpeedoHealer will give you the higher RPM's you want. Full speedo correction will probably raise the RPM to much, but who can read a couple of MPH more or less on the silly 130MPH analog scale anyway?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
http://www.3brothersperformance.com/

Try this or one of the many Other available back rests. Not only do you get some lower back support, but due to the angle of seat mounting, it gives you an extra inch or so of legroom. The 3brothers uses all the original stock parts, so it still adjusts, it just raises the butt rest up and back.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ErikDK & Liamjs for your suggestions and I did read about both of them, this was more for Suzuki to (maybe) think about implementing into following models

Thks Greg J

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I was thinking the same may ...

setting mode ... use the up/down shift buttons to increase/decrease rpm to suit then press mode button to except new inputs

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
An easy way of resetting to factory standard would be required, in case the clueless screw up the settings.

The SpeedoHealer way is not that awkward.
I just switched back to a M/C tire, and since the speedo correction was -4% to suit the car tire's circumference, the speedo was way off. Changing the setting takes 20 seconds, and I iterated my way to the correct setting (-8% with a worn tire) in 3 steps.
Again, on your new model Burgman, I think you will find the engine revs high enough halfway before you reach full speedo compensation at -8%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts