Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 burgman 650
Bike wont shift up past second gear. 1st and 2nd only. I heard something that sounded like it spun. A few short rides later it wont go past second, manual or automatic. The stopper bolt is damaged. New one ordered. Plastic cvt motor gears are good, no damage
If the cvt did spin, how do I correct it?
No code lights. 20,700 miles.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Center stand switch isn't stuck in is it? Mind did that once and wouldn't go out of 2nd gear. Hope it's that simple for you...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Center stand switch isn't stuck in is it? Mind did that once and wouldn't go out of 2nd gear. Hope it's that simple for you...
Stopper bolt should be in next week. Prior to this I did check center stand switch. It doesn't appear stuck. I will disconnect it and see if it will change gears. It could be faulty. When on center stand in manual mode 1st gear will flash. On the road it will go into 2nd but no higher.
Still doing research.

·
Premium Member
14,150 Posts
If your lucky the problem is a faulty center stand switch. If not then likely you have a problem with the primary pulley. The way that you describe it performs is just like Robin's did when she had to have hers rebuilt. The issue with hers was the keys inside the primary pulley had stripped and they would not let it change ratios.

I would certainly unplug the center stand switch and see what happens. If it works you are good to go. If not then the facts that it won't shift and yet it does not display an error code tells me you need to pull the CVT and open it up to find out what is wrong inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts