Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm replacing my belt in an 03 400. I was wondering about the slider/rolle weights. The main thing I want is to be able to hit great rpm at highway speed. Don't need really anything else. I like to ride the highway, but hate getting passed. Please let me know what weight would be best. I'm just lost. Also, what is the original weight of what is stock in there. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I know the 07 & newer are 18g not sure if it's the same for the older ones.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
My '05-400 had 20g rollers stock....
your '03-400 probably has the same.
I've switched to Dr Pulley Sliders 19g..
size is 26 X 13.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Can you better define "great rpm at highway speed", and what particular vehicle speed range you have in mind? You cannot have both relatively low engine speed at higher vehicle speeds and best acceleration at those speeds, those are mutually exclusive goals.

If you don't like being passed than you want your engine speed at whatever vehicle speed to be near but below the engine's horsepower peak. On an '03 that is at 7600 rpm where the engine produces 32 HP.

With the stock rollers and CVT components that is around 75 MPH actual speed (82 indicated). On my '03 with a modified ramp plate and a combination of (4) 15g and (4) 18g DRP sliders 75 MPH happens at 6750 rpm which gives me 750 rpm of so of overhead between there and peak HP at 85 mph or so--which not coincidentally is the practical top speed of my setup (it would go faster but you would have to wait for it), and happens at 7600 rpm--the HP peak...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, how can I get the best speed vs. mpg out of my bike then? I'm tired of only being in the right lane. And, is there a way to fix the speedometer to read the accurate speed?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
You cannot have best speed and mpg, mutually exclusive goals, if you want the best trade-off between the two then do nothing--Suzuki already did that for you. For best acceleration/speed you need lighter rollers of sliders, for best mpg you need heavier rollers/sliders. You need to decide which end of the spectrum you wish to favour.

As a general rule DRP sliders will give you the best of acceleration vs. highway mpg, with the weight you select favouring one or the other.

I used a SpeedoDRD to correct the speedometer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I put the 15 gr. rollers in my K05, I lost about 5 MPG but the acceleration tade-off was way with it, nothing but smiles here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So, how can I get the best speed vs. mpg out of my bike then? I'm tired of only being in the right lane. And, is there a way to fix the speedometer to read the accurate speed?
You need to be doing appx 75-77 just to be going 70 ..
65 to be going 60
Just add 5-7 mph to highway signs and you should be close to posted sign.

Maybe this will help you from being passed all the time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts