1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I don't have any comment on whether the kevlar belt is better, I have only run the OEM belts on mine.

As for the rollers, at 21,000 they may or may not be worn at 21,000. Mine were still in good condition at that mileage. I'm still running them at 36,000+ miles. However I don't do a lot of stop and go city riding so that may make mine last longer than normal.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I highway ride, city ride, dirt road once in a blue moon, etc. it's my one form of transport, so I just don't know. Heard bad things about j costa, but am lost with weight differences, what makes one better or not, etc.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
GK13 said:
I highway ride, city ride, dirt road once in a blue moon, etc. it's my one form of transport, so I just don't know. Heard bad things about j costa, but am lost with weight differences, what makes one better or not, etc.
For a given pulley set (aftermarket pulleys may have different characteristics from OEM ones and may need heavier or lighter rollers), lighter weights force the transmission to upshift less for a given RPM and load than heavier ones would. In other words, lighter rollers generally mean better acceleration but worse MPG, and may reduce high-speed roll-on acceleration if not chosen carefully.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
My weights and belt still look good after 19000+ miles on them.
I just clean the rollers up blow out the Variator and clutch then move on.
I do feel strongly about keeping that whole area (including the tranny air filter) blown out and cleaned at ever oil change. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts