Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When servicing the filter do you clean it or do you replace it? If you clean it what do you clean it with?:serious

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The Service manual (VERY handy to have even if you don't do all your own maintenance) gives the details.
Inspection is every 7000 miles (after initial break in miles) or every 12,000 kms.
Remove the filter and inspect for dirt, clog, and damage.
If damaged then replace the filter with new. Otherwise clean with compressed air blowing from the filter inside or frame side (to avoid pushing any dirt further into the filter) and reinstall it.

That's it. No cleaning fluids or cleaning compounds/chemicals to be used of any kind.

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Compressed air is one way to clean the 650 filter but there are other ways. I take mine into the kitchen and wash it with warm water and dawn dish washing soap. Air dry in front of a fan and reinstall.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Compressed air is one way to clean the 650 filter but there are other ways. I take mine into the kitchen and wash it with warm water and dawn dish washing soap. Air dry in front of a fan and reinstall.
I do a very warm water & Dawn dish washing soap. I dip the filter down into the water in a swooping motion so the water enters the back side of the filter, back flow direction. First dip lots of crud flows out. Then I leave it with the CVT side up for about 10 minuets and swoop it a few more times. The rinse twice in the back flow direction.

Air dry and 'Bobs your Uncle'. :grin

Reactions: Tromper

·
Super Moderator
2,331 Posts
I clean 'em pretty much like Dave, but I did pick up an extra one so I have one pre-cleaned to install right away when doing the job, & also to have a backup if the foam decays like it did on my k6.
I debated whether or not to just replace the foam in the later case, but never did get around to it.

Reactions: Dave_J
1 - 5 of 5 Posts