Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my 6000 km service today , well actually 6900km service and thought I might as well do the CVT filter as well since I recall seeing another member inquire about it.

It's straight forward and I have a series of 4 pics again at in the allwalk gallery http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/allwalk

Start by removing the lower shield on the right hand side. There are pics left side in my gallery and the right is basically the same.

Remove the 2 Phillips srews from the center of the plastic piece and that will allow you to push the top portion up and to the left slightly. Don't pull it forward as it hooks over the top of the main plastic body.

Remove the 4 corner screws and pull away the main plastic housing.

Remove the 2 screws securing the actual filter
Now i used the 2 bolts to help wiggle out the snuggly fit CVT filter.

Once the filter was out I just ran hot water from the back to clean it out. Just becareful with it as it is somewhat fragile.

Now just reassamble everything in the opposite order.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm wondering why the screw you have marked 'screw hidden behind this cover' is backwards!

I used a pair of plyers to carefully turn it and when I reinstalled it I turned the clamp around so I could get to the screw head next time. Also, the screw on the upper left has a wiring harness attached, does the tab go under the cover or on top? It looked to me that it actually goes under the cover and the one on the bottom left goes on top. I should have taken a picture before I took it apart.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts