Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am trying to order the correct CVT belt and roller weights for my 2004 Suzuki Burgman 400cc. There are so many choices on the internet and I'm just not certain if they will fit my model. I've tried looking but I would appreciate if I got some advice from other people. I don't know the correct size or the correct grams of rollers I need.

Can anyone please recommend the correct CVT belt and the roller weights for a 2004 Suzuki Burgman 400?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Check
www.buggypartsnw.com
www.scooterwest.com
Search around a bit to find parts for Burgman 400..2004 to 2006.
Malossi parts or DrPulley parts...variator rollers or sliders..
18g is an ideal weight. They have high performance clutches too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
kxj- you may be in luck as far as the belt goes. I bought a Malossi belt for my 2008 but it looks a tad small. I have to check the number on it tomorrow and find out. I'll let you know what I find. I paid $100 for it.

Edit- did some research for you. The Malossi belt I bought is for 2004-2006. You can have mine for what I paid for it ($100), shipping included. At- http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_...vlar-Belt-Burgman-400---(2006-and-Older)/3707

It says the stock rollers are 19gr. they sell them too. Well, I saw 18gr. which will give you faster around town but may affect your top end.
http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_...8--Variator-Weights-18-0g/2410?clear_cat=true

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
341 Posts
That's a good price but isn't there any more info than that? The link you gave doesn't give year specifics. '07 on is a different size. The one you need is '03-'06. That's the one I have.
The prices in the links I gave you are pretty good -I think.
Don't go cheap with your drive train!

PM me if you want mine.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
341 Posts
You're only $10 from my price of the Malossi belt and you still have to pay shipping.

Next to the roller pic is a place that says click for info. I would call them or send an email.
You can get different weight rollers/sliders depending on what you want them for.
Lighter is for faster and in town. Heavier, for long distance/ higher speeds.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do heavier roller weights increase mpg? If so, do you only sees the increase in MPG on the freeway and not in town riding?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Heavier weights will give a lower RPM at higher speed but not do much for your around-town GPM.
If you're around town mostly or all the time, go with lower weight rollers or stock weight sliders. Stock weight sliders will give the best of both worlds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts