Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 Burgman 400 with H4 and H7 headlights. I bought two H4 LED bulbs and I need to convert the H7 into a H4 (larger) socket.

I tried looking around for a younger Burgman with the headlight set that already has H4 socket as 2008 and younger has H4 on both sides. They are pricy!

Any recommendations?

Premium Member
buy bulbs

Registered
I'm not familiar with the H7 bulb, but will an H4 fit in the housing.?
I'm also guessing the H4 is low/high, and the H7 is high only.?

From something I saw here, I just installed an Eastern Beaver wiring harness; my goal was to reduce the current running through the ignition switch. I bought the dual H4 kit and it uses only one of my two H4 sockets to trigger the two H4 lights.
If I'm correct you could use this to run two H4s ... as long the second bulb would fit your housing.

I hope I didn't confuse the issue.

Administrator
The H7 bulb base is smaller than H4 (9003) You'd need to dremmle out the housing to fit.
Bulb base.jpg

Registered
If I'm correct you could use this to run two H4s ... as long the second bulb would fit your housing.
Wow... welcome back to what the web looked like in the late 1990's!

How did that harness work out for you? I've been thinking of moving to LED's for a while now, so the lower current shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, I'm not sure why lowering the current on the wire would accomplish much, unless you have other accessories that were interfering. Which, would also be fun little heads up.

Registered
Thanks Dave, As I stated, I wasn't familiar with them (H7) and that would require some surgery.

The harness worked out great. I bought the unit with connectors (as opposed to bare wire ends) so that it could easily be removed if needed.
I've read here about the ignition switches burning up due to the amount of current passing with the lighting circuit; also, a preferred way of powering lights is by use of a relay, so I did this as a preventative measure. Still using Halogen bulbs, I had stepped up to better units with a higher wattage rating and this was a concern.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I have added a cross wire from H4 that is already there to the H7 side and now both works on the H4 bulbs. The bulbs will fit in the housing as both bulbs are the same and the one in H4 socket fits just fine.I tested the bulbs on the wirings and they work just fine. Now the last step is to enlarge the H7 into H4 size.

Just as @Dave_J stated, it is best to Dremel the H7 into H4 size.Any suggestion on how to Dremel the socket without taking the whole headlight component apart? =P

Premium Member
I have added a cross wire from H4 that is already there to the H7 side and now both works on the H4 bulbs. The bulbs will fit in the housing as both bulbs are the same and the one in H4 socket fits just fine.I tested the bulbs on the wirings and they work just fine. Now the last step is to enlarge the H7 into H4 size.

Just as @Dave_J stated, it is best to Dremel the H7 into H4 size.Any suggestion on how to Dremel the socket without taking the whole headlight component apart? =P
Would this shim product be applicable to your needs?

I don't actually understand the fine points of this thread, but I recalled those shims because I used them a couple of decades ago ... I believe it was on my 2000 Honda Valkyrie Interstate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts