Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the sport windshield for my 2013 Burg to replace the horrible stock one it came with and since it is practically worthless just sitting there, I was thinking if I get a glass company to cut it down a few inches it may help with the wind noise it generates.

The stock one seems to direct the airflow right at my head (I'm 6') so I'm thinking a few inches should direct it more at my chest.

Any idea on how much exactly or how to work out the equation?

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
I purchased the sport windshield for my 2013 Burg to replace the horrible stock one it came with and since it is practically worthless just sitting there, I was thinking if I get a glass company to cut it down a few inches it may help with the wind noise it generates.

The stock one seems to direct the airflow right at my head (I'm 6') so I'm thinking a few inches should direct it more at my chest.

Any idea on how much exactly or how to work out the equation?
just curious, after you have modified it, and it sits there in the corner while your sport windshield is attached, is it going to be less worthless? usse it for a dog dish, that's about all it's good for, if you want quieter and better (less buffeting, more rain protection, warmer hands in winter ), save yer nickels and get the givi then you can have 2 sitting around collecting dust;) actually you might be able to resell the sport one

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already know about the Givi and I really dont want a barn door on the burg....the bike came with wind deflectors for my hands (along with heated grips) so no worries there. I can get the windshield cut down for nothing (my oldest works at a glass shop) so I just wanted to know how much should be removed.

No problems, I'll figure it out.

·
Administrator
18,347 Posts
I already know about the Givi and I really dont want a barn door on the burg....the bike came with wind deflectors for my hands (along with heated grips) so no worries there. I can get the windshield cut down for nothing (my oldest works at a glass shop) so I just wanted to know how much should be removed.

No problems, I'll figure it out.
I just put a piece of blue painters tape down the center and sat on the bike like I was riding. Then with my sharpie I put a dot just under my line of sight. I cut mine flat across about 1/4 inch below the dot. :happy11:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
just curious, after you have modified it, and it sits there in the corner while your sport windshield is attached, is it going to be less worthless? usse it for a dog dish, that's about all it's good for, if you want quieter and better (less buffeting, more rain protection, warmer hands in winter ), save yer nickels and get the givi then you can have 2 sitting around collecting dust;) actually you might be able to resell the sport one
Actually I looked at the AF266 w/screen and that seems to have the best of both worlds. I think I might just get that and be done.

EDIT: Now I see that according to a few, for taller people (6' +), its no better than the stock one....sigh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts