Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I am trying to decide on a 266DT Givi WindScreen. (vs the AF266)

I figure I may have to cut 3" off of it, to see well over the top of it.
(I am 5'10" 29" Inseam)

My question is: If I cut 3" off of it - will it still be better than the stock?
(As far as keeping wind off my face/head)

I keep leaning toward the AF266 because i cannot go wrong with it
But SWMBO likes the Screen vs the AF266 as far as looks go. (She Who Must Be Obeyed)

She is not stuck on it - if I tell her the adjustable is the best way to go she will go along with that.

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
Go over to Burgmanriders.com and ask Daboo. He does not come on here much anymore. He has a Honda NC700X and a 08 Burgman400.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well I finally broke down and bought an Airflow from Givi Dave, and I have to say I was an idiot for waiting so long. The adjustable height just can't be beat. Around town and in canyons- I keep it at the lowest setting. When cooler at night or for long highway slogs- full height for reduced turbulence.

Also, if you read Daboo's review of the Airflow- the best quality of it over the tall Givi is the air vent between the 2 screens. This allows some airflow to circulate reducing the "pocket" that some (including myself) find fatiguing where a tall non vented windscreen pulls you toward the handlebars. Still not convinced? Look at the Burgman 650 and goldwing riders- all use vented tall shields.

Honestly, I kinda like the look of of the airflow too- but hey I'm biased.

The only reason I'd recommend the Tall Givi is if you were going to leave it stock at full height as it's taller than the Airflow at full height if my memory is correct. If you're looking to cut 3" off- then for me- this decision is easy- get the Airflow.

If the one who must be obeyed is DRIVING your Burgman, then maybe she gets a vote on the screen- if not... you'll just have to disobey her.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Well I finally broke down and bought an Airflow from Givi Dave, and I have to say I was an idiot for waiting so long. The adjustable height just can't be beat. Around town and in canyons- I keep it at the lowest setting. When cooler at night or for long highway slogs- full height for reduced turbulence.

Also, if you read Daboo's review of the Airflow- the best quality of it over the tall Givi is the air vent between the 2 screens. This allows some airflow to circulate reducing the "pocket" that some (including myself) find fatiguing where a tall non vented windscreen pulls you toward the handlebars. Still not convinced? Look at the Burgman 650 and goldwing riders- all use vented tall shields.

Honestly, I kinda like the look of of the airflow too- but hey I'm biased.

The only reason I'd recommend the Tall Givi is if you were going to leave it stock at full height as it's taller than the Airflow at full height if my memory is correct. If you're looking to cut 3" off- then for me- this decision is easy- get the Airflow.

If the one who must be obeyed is DRIVING your Burgman, then maybe she gets a vote on the screen- if not... you'll just have to disobey her.
SORRY.......but you are dead wrong!!!! I own a Goldwing GL1800 and have a short windshield with NO airvent in it...........!!! Also suits my riding needs very well, too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I ordered an AF266 - (From KiwiDave).

I will post back when I get it and have it installed (after a few rides)

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have a 266DT that was on my new to me 2011 400. Since there are folks here that have that shield I have somewhat of a different question for them. I've had aftermarket shields on the 5 bikes I've had the last 15 years. I've always preferred to look thru the shield rather than over them so this is not my discussion point. I found in the 2000 miles I've put on the 400, I'm guessing that because of the very curved side-to-side design, rain and bugs collect in the upper center if this shield. This makes it a bit difficult looking thru this shield especially at night or in the rain, unlike any of the other tall shields I've had. I dislike this shield immensely. Does anyone else have this problem?
Thanks, Bill

PS I'm not trying to hijack this thread.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had my first mist/darkness ride this week with the 266DT. I ordered a cut off jig and Dremel bit the next day. I plan on cutting off 3" this Sunday. I am 5'10" with a 31 inseam. I am done looking through a wind screen. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts