Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have been waiting to see my seat with the utopia back rest installed without the stock back rest I have up loaded a few photo to my folder http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/My-Custom-Burg-650 more will follow after my ride today, we are getting a spring like day in New Jersey temp so far is up to 58 and they claim it might reach 64.

Thanks to Capt Denny who gave me a ride on his bike last month when I was in Port St.Lucie Fl which convinced me that I needed this back rest for my comfort but of course the bracket had to changed a bit to fit my seat.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Question on the seat.

Is that a fully replaced seat or a custom cover over a stock seat? Also do you have pics of the install job on the Utopia backreast? The whole seat arrangement is beautiful. BTW, how is the weather in NJ, I moved down to FL from Rockland Cty, NY; I don't miss the snow. Stay safe.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Wow great job on the installation Roger! It looks really purrrty!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Utopia backrest

Roger,
Did a great job! matches perfect. Who did your seat? I am also curious if that is a cover over the stock pan or custom? :roll: We had backrests on our previous Helix's and they make all the difference on a long ride.

Helix

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NYBubba I am using the stock seat but removed the stock back rest and the support bar for the back rest that is under the pad. Both the seat and two back rest are covered in leather with a stitch pattern that gives the ripple effect but the cover on the seat also has a extra layer or pad that is stitched to the leather. The installation on the utopia back rest was a bit different from the stock way, the support bar had to be made smaller as with the stock back rest it would have came through the top and it would have been higher. It is attached the same way it would if you were using the stock back rest with the exception that is would get attached to the out side of the cover and the stock back rest would cover the bar, for me I had to removes my cover and pad to do the installation and of course pad the area of the bar and make a hole in my cover, I will up load a few photos of the stock seat showing with and with out pad after stock cover is removes.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those of you who asked me if I have any photos of the Burgman seat without cover and or pad and with Utopia back rest bar installed, well I have uploaded more photo showing our stack seat in many different ways. The new photos are on page 3 & 4 of my photo gallery, http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/My-Custom-Burg-650

1 - 7 of 7 Posts