Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After ridding goldwings for years and loving it I rode and fell in love with a burgman 650. Having the comforts of the wing spoiled me and I have been trying to improve the 650 for long rides. The seat was fine for 100 mile rides but I travel 400 miles a day and with the harsher ride of the burgman I had to improve the seat. No one that I could find, builds custom seats for this bike, so I did it myself. Removing the seat and replacing the factory molded foam with layers of high density and memory foam and removing the backrest and replacing it with a custom built smaller one that gives two more inches to the drivers seat was a vast improvement. The back rest can still be moved forward for my wife when she rides. It cost about $300 to do it but was well worth the money.
I have the GIVI windshield and top box that are both great accessories. I have added a NEP cruise control. It took about 30 minutes and cost about $20.00. I have added a chrome moulding around the edge of the front faring that would protect the faring if the bike ever fell over. $15.00 for moulding could save replacing a side panel, since their are no roll bars to protect the plastic. I would still like to find better rear shocks. The bike rides much better two up than single so I think a more adjustable shock would be good. I am still looking for a radio/cd player but havn't had any luck. I would like to hear from anyone who has any suggestions on improving the best bike I have ever owned and one of the cheapest as well.[/b]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any chance you could post a picture of your custom backrest? Any chance you would be willing to build another one for whatever price would be worth your while?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Best deal out there for seat comfort. Used it on the Venture.

ALLYN SOLO AIR SEAT $23.99 From Shade Tree power sports

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ALLYN SOLO AIR SEAT $23.99

Well I bought the air seat, but I have to say I will never use it on this bike. It feels good but looks bad and raises the seat another inch. If the infaltion stem was longer so you could build it into the seat and could be infalted from under the seat, I would do that. An air cushion really helps on the bad bumps. :roll: Good idea, bad design for the burgman seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts