Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen: I am currently working on the fabrication of a set of foot rests that will allow guys with long legs to extend their legs to an almost striahgt out position while riding. I am 5'-11" with a 30" inseam but somehow I can't get comfortable because my legs are too bent towards me. Therefore I am fabricating a pair of panels from shiny 1/8" alum. diamond plate that will mount under the rubber foot inserts on the bike. Itwill take a little doing to bolt them to the plastic underlayment because you have to take that section off the scooter to bolt them up. Be assured that if this project works, I will have included a set of clear instructions on how to get these bolted up.
I do intend to market these to those who would desire to be more in cruise mode than currently is doable for those with long legs. I cannot post any pictures of these till they are perfected. As a final note, I will be having these hard anodized either Black or a color the purchaser may desire to match the scooter. This will be an additional upcharge of course. I welcome any constructive feedback.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Does your idea mean that your feet would sit in 'pockets' in the front floorboards? (I'm not sure I understand the project.)

Is there a particular reason that you would rather do it that way, than remove the backrest and sit further back?

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Look forward to the pics - I could do environmental trials over here for you :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wasions said:
Does your idea mean that your feet would sit in 'pockets' in the front floorboards? (I'm not sure I understand the project.)

Is there a particular reason that you would rather do it that way, than remove the backrest and sit further back?

Steve
I have taken the butt/back rest and made a conversion so it now is up at the lower middle of my back and not at that lousy stock spot. Even though it moves you back a tad, its not enough to satisfy the yearning to be comfortable with my long legs. Furthermore, if you remove that back rest and run your butt up against that part of the seat that is slanted, you will notice there is no padding, only hard plastic to support the rods of the back rest.
As far as my foot rest contraption, don't try to figure it out, just be patient and eventually I will post pictures of them mounted if in fact they work according to plan. If they don't then I have to resort to plan"B". :idea:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just remove the stock back rest and you will gain the extra space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts