Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is safe to ride on a cupped front tire? The tire is an original Bridgestone with 18,000 miles on it. It still has lots of tread left. Bike is a 2012 exec

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. Check your air pressure but 18,000 miles from a front tire is great.!!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
It is most likely actually scalloped rather than cupped, and this is normal wear for any higher mileage motorcycle tire front or rear. Ride on it until the wear bars show; or more properly until just before the wear bars show; and then replace it...

·
Registered
438 Posts
By all means, continue riding on your worn-out tire. When it blows you can tell us how lucky you were, assuming you survive.

I look at it this way: there are two tires, only two tires, that keep me from becoming a smear on the road. I don't want to become a smear on the road, so I make sure that my tires are good. If I have doubts, I replace them. I hate to spend the money on them, especially when they are 'not quite' marginal, but I'd rather pay $300 to replace old tires than spend a fortune on wheelchairs over the rest of my life.

You can call me chickenshit. I don't mind.

Regards
Scott Fraser

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
18,000 miles on a tire..??????????? YIKES!!!!! Break down and replace them before all **** breaks loose at 60 MPH.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts