Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question: Is there a cup holder offered for the Burgman 650, either OEM or after market? This may seem to be a silly question, but my commute is longer than most. A cup of Starbucks along the way is essential.

My commute is 145 miles...one way. Since it is so long, I only make the trip twice a week, bunking Tues Wed and Thurs with a co-worker instead. I am hoping the addition of a 650 will afford me the opportunity to come home more often.

Second question: has anyone tried the new bluetooth helmets? I understand there is a retrofit for any helmet that costs only $150 and allows hands free wireless telephone communication. I have also read about a couple including this one:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/20 ... et_bl.html

that arebuilt into the helmet as part of a complete communications system.

Third and fourth questions: What is the actual fuel mileage (or kilometerage) you are experiencing with your 650? How much does it vary tank-by-tank?

Fifth question: How much are dealers currently coming off the sticker price on the 2005 650?

Sixth and seventh questions: Has anyone in this group fitted a 650 with a sidecar? How will that effect fuel economy and handling?

Eighth question: Does either Burgman have a reverse gear?

Ninth question: I have read on this site that there is an "Executive" version of the 650 that has ABS. I find nothing about that on the Suzuki website. Is that available for 2005?

Tenth question: When does the 2006 model year begin?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Wow! What a list! :) Forgive me but I can only speak to a few of your questions. Here goes...
1. No - no cup holder offered via Suzuki. A few of our esteemed colleages have retrofitted a cup holder - 4Dthinker comes to mind. I agree with the cup of Starbucks!
2. No - I haven't done bluetooth yet. The tech seems very promising though. I have seen some speak of it in this forum. Crank in "bluetooth" using the search function above and I believe something should come up (?).
3 & 4 - I rx, on average about 48 now. It has gotten better after 4500 miles. Best = 50.9 Worst = 45mpg. I have a heavy throttle hand. My bike is stock (albeit no OD as the 05s have.)
5. Did not dicker. Just bought it. An 04 that is.
6 & 7 Yes someone has - ask them!? :wink:
8. No. Not one of them have reverse.
9. Yes the Executive does have ABS - but it is not offered in the USA.
10. Around February - April usually. March is what my dealer told me.
hth,
pete

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
frogribs said:
First question: Is there a cup holder offered for the Burgman 650, either OEM or after market?
Jac Vinson was selling and installing some at Scootercade. You could send him an inquiry at [email protected]

frogribs said:
Third and fourth questions: What is the actual fuel mileage (or kilometerage) you are experiencing with your 650? How much does it vary tank-by-tank?
Fuel mileage can vary depending on the type of riding, the speeds you are cruising at, and any accessories that create wind drag installed on your 650. I average about 46 mpg with a XXL windscreen and the largest Givi top box installed. Extremes have been 38 mpg and 61 mpg, but I'm usually in the mid-forties.

frogribs said:
Sixth and seventh questions: Has anyone in this group fitted a 650 with a sidecar? How will that effect fuel economy and handling?
Yes we do have a couple of members with sidecars fitted. Search the forum for "sidecar". It will obviously change handling characteristics and cause a drop in fuel mileage.

frogribs said:
Eighth question: Does either Burgman have a reverse gear?
No

frogribs said:
Ninth question: I have read on this site that there is an "Executive" version of the 650 that has ABS. I find nothing about that on the Suzuki website. Is that available for 2005?
Not in the USA. A few (about 30?) were sent to Canada this year.

frogribs said:
Tenth question: When does the 2006 model year begin?
The new model 650 will probably arrive in April 2006, based on what has occurred the past couple of years.

I can't help with the other questions.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you have access to a boating supply business, check out a gimbaled cup-holder. This will allow you to corner and twist w/o wearing your Starbucks all over your shoes! :)

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts