Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I can't find the answer I'm looking for.
What is the best conventional cruise control out there at a reasonable price. I have tried the "O" ring It worked on my 09 650 but slips on my 2012 650. I tried the arm that looks something like a lobster, the one for $20 It cracked and I throw it away.

So what do you suggest that you're happy with?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I tried the cramp buster.. Hated it..

I have a Brakemaster Throtle lock & love it.. works very well.. no issues..

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Have Brakemaster, it the best.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Ditto on the Brakemaster

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
I've got a Breakaway on my 650 and a Throttlemeister on my 400. Neither is cheap with the Breakaway running about $200 and the Throttlemeister about $130. They function different and each has it's advantages and disadvantages from that standpoint.
I've put 10s of thousands of miles on both and they work every time I ask them to so I am happy with them.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noth said:
I tried the cramp buster.. Hated it..

I have a Brakemaster Throtle lock & love it.. works very well.. no issues..
I can't find Brakemaster Throttle Lock anywhere on the internet. Where is it listed?

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Steve let me know when you find a cheap uk supplier. :)

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
For a "Throttle Lock", I went with the Kuryakyn version (Universal Econo-Throttle Assist(Lock) #6218) of a common style throttle lock and milled it to fit the grips. I just personally prefer this style of lock for it's split second quickness between locked and unlocked.

download/file.php?id=6898&mode=view

Now when it comes to an actual "Cruise Control", IMHO nothing beats the Rostra for features, function and cost (<$250).

http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/650+Rostra+Cruise+Control

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Although you can't beat the installation simplicity of a throttle lock in comparison to a cruise control system. I know this having recently finished installing an audiovox unit I nabbed off here a while back. Much time spent fabricating mounts for stuff. But, it sure will be nice having it :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I purchased the Brakeaway throttle lock and had my mechanic install it for me. It took him about 1/2 an hour. I found it hard to lock in and took it back for adjustment. He adjusted it and it was better but still hard to lock in. I have to press it fairly hard to insure it locks in.
What is the trick to adjusting it. In other words how do ya do it? I assume it should work by just lightly pressing the bottom lever. Everyone talks about how long it takes to adjust but nobody said how they did it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Marv
Maybe use it? I have one too on my 650 and it's really easy to use.. I love it..
I wasn't aware that there were any adjustments.. Maybe mess with it while the scoot is off and get a feel for the pressure neeeded..

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Noth said:
Marv
Maybe use it? I have one too on my 650 and it's really easy to use.. I love it..
I wasn't aware that there were any adjustments.. Maybe mess with it while the scoot is off and get a feel for the pressure neeeded..
You are right. I'm now using it and it seems to work okay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts