Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since these new rigs are fuel-injected, has anyone discovered some enterprising new company that has developed an electronic cruise control? I have used the old friction type's in the past, and actually, they're kind of dangerous. I would think an automotive type electronic job would be a great idea for these machines. Anyone care to comment?

Mike from Spring Hill, KS

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Tons of posts here on that subject - just crank it into the search function Mike.
vr,
pete

·
Registered
30,277 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Even though there are tons of posts on that, a couple more won't hurt. IS ANYBODY LISTENING OUT THERE? I probably wouldn't buy a retrofit from Suzuki, as they'd want my firstborn for it, but there oughta be somebody that'll put a kit together.

One of our members actually adapted an automotive device which seems to have worked very well (how about an update, by the way?), but I scare myself too easily when I go taking stuff apart. :shock:

Steve

·
Registered
969 Posts
Whoa! Bill! That was close. We nearly collided!

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Mad Dog said:
Since these new rigs are fuel-injected, has anyone discovered some enterprising new company that has developed an electronic cruise control? I have used the old friction type's in the past, and actually, they're kind of dangerous. I would think an automotive type electronic job would be a great idea for these machines. Anyone care to comment?
Mike, if you mean by "electronic", an unit without a vacuum canister, a friend of mine found one for a car. He is thinking about trying to install one on his 650. I will see if I can get the brand and post it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cruise control -- yep. I told the Suzuki rep. here in Japan that they ought to dump the tiptronic option and offer cruise control instead. I reckon they'd sell quite a few more, and also clear up the cluttered control module.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Twinrider said:
Cruise control -- yep. I told the Suzuki rep. here in Japan that they ought to dump the tiptronic option and offer cruise control instead. I reckon they'd sell quite a few more, and also clear up the cluttered control module.
I second the motion.
Good idea!
Especially if it could be retrofitted. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts