Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which cruise control works best on a 2013 Burgman? Is there an electronic unit or are they all friction?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has done an install on the '13-up. While under the body its much the same finding a place for the components would be the challenge. Both electrical and vacuum systems have been installed on the prior models. With the electrical unit at least you don't have to find a place for a vacuum reservoir. http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/650+Accessories+Installation

·
Registered
806 Posts
cruise control

Which cruise control works best on a 2013 Burgman? Is there an electronic unit or are they all friction?
I have a Break-Away throttle lock cruise control on my 2012 650. It is considerably cheaper then the electronic type. The Throttle lock device works very well on the Burgman. I think it is the best of the mechanical types. It is compact and well designed. One outstanding feature of this model is if you hit the brakes it instantly disconnects.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
+1 on the Break-Away.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had several Vista Cruise's in the past and I like them. For the 650 I tried a new-to-me Go Cruise. Installs in seconds, inexpensive, and effective. It takes a bit more fussing to 'activate' than the Vista Cruise but even easier to install and works fine for my needs. I use the silicone friction ring it comes with (I figure it will protect the grip's rubber).

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Let me speak up for the Rostra Electronic Cruise Control, which I had on a Concours and I absolutely fell in love with it. It's a DIY project but someone here had created seventy pages of instructions to step you right through the whole thing. Just like a car, you set it and forget it. Grab the brake and it disengages. Press Resume and you're back to your preferred speed. Not the cheapest option, but worth every penny on a long trip or a commute.

http://www.rostra.com/

·
Registered
739 Posts
I also have a Brake away and love it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reviews, i will check them out and post the details after the install.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Have use Cat o'ring, vista cruise, twisted electrical wire and BrakeAway.

Nothing mechanical compare with BrakeAway unit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Love my breakaway but still not a true cruise control. They are just a little to pricey for me and I just don't have the energy to install one. Maybe when I retire and my last one is out of college.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I just ordered a Rostra Cruise Control for my 09 650. I'm going to use Redbeards excellent write up on his install and setup

http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/tiki-index.php?page=650+Rostra+Cruise+Control

Greg
Your profile says AN650K9, and if it really isn't an Executive I recommend getting the right-hand handlebar switch assembly from the Executive model, since the switch for screen height adjustment is perfect to use for the cruise control.

In this thread, I'm discussing with myself how to do it, but the short version is that you need 2 relays, because the screen switch has "break" contacts, but you want "make" for the cruise control.

·
Registered
255 Posts
ErikDK, thank you for the suggestion. I do in fact have a standard model but I have already ordered the control switch and plan on modding it up as Redbeard suggests.

Redbeard thank you for the offer on advice, rest assured I'll PM you if I have any questions.

Greg

·
Registered
143 Posts
I installed the traditional vacuum unit type from Motorcycle Cruse Control of Australia on my 06 when it was 1 year old and and I love it. It's a kit made especially for the 650 Burgman. I have not had a single problem or needed any sort of adjustments.It is expensive and takes the better part of a day to install but I'm still glad I invested in it and would do so again. Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm also looking for a cruise control for my 2012 Burg... I have received info on every Throttle Lock (Vista Cruise, Break-away, etc) but very little on a cruise control. Seems there is confusion on the difference between a throttle lock and a cruise control. So, if you find an actual cruise control, I would be very interested in hearing about it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Well there's two actual cruise controls in the posts above, that's a good place to start.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I'm discussing with myself how to do it, but the short version is that you need 2 relays, because the screen switch has "break" contacts, but you want "make" for the cruise control.
The Rostra unit supports both normally open and normally closed contacts so you shouldn't need any relay.

·
Registered
704 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts