Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was loading my Burgie 400 onto a buddies trailer for our Blue Ridge Parkway ride tomorrow. Whilen I was climbing the ramp, I guess there wasn't enough clearance. The ramp was too steep when CRACK! I caught the edge and cracked some of the plastic pieces underneath!!

CRUD CRUD CRUD!!!

It looks like a one piece plastic unit the fits under the whole undercarriage. No mechanical damage, so I'm just going to hold it up with some duct tape and than see about gluing/epoxying the pieces back together when I get back..........

·
Registered
103 Posts
bummer, but...

Hey, that's a drag but, man! You're going to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway so, life is good!

:D

Al

·
Registered
51 Posts
Herfnerd said:
Was loading my Burgie 400 onto a buddies trailer for our Blue Ridge Parkway ride tomorrow. Whilen I was climbing the ramp, I guess there wasn't enough clearance. The ramp was too steep when CRACK! I caught the edge and cracked some of the plastic pieces underneath!!

CRUD CRUD CRUD!!!

It looks like a one piece plastic unit the fits under the whole undercarriage. No mechanical damage, so I'm just going to hold it up with some duct tape and than see about gluing/epoxying the pieces back together when I get back..........
Nooooooooo! So sorry Herfnerd. :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've only had mine a month and have lightly scraped it twice going down kerbs, fortunately it's still intact but there's only about 4" clearance under there when I'm sat on it, and with the huge wheelbase, any sort of hump puts it really close to the deck.
What we want is an enterprising engineer to design an light alloy plate to replace that large undertray. Might help when jacking it up too.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
mupp said:
I've only had mine a month and have lightly scraped it twice going down kerbs, fortunately it's still intact but there's only about 4" clearance under there when I'm sat on it, and with the huge wheelbase, any sort of hump puts it really close to the deck.
What we want is an enterprising engineer to design an light alloy plate to replace that large undertray. Might help when jacking it up too.
Now that is a great idea! :!:

·
Registered
969 Posts
mupp,
Love the picture of the Matchless. How I'd like to get my legs around one of those!

I'm surprised you haven't added the KTM950 Adventure to your list of lotto bikes. (It's on mine, along with the RC8, Triumph 955 Tiger, Yamaha FJR1300, Suzuki Hayabusa..............on, anon. :roll: )

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts