Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glove box usability

I am wondering if anyone else on the forum might have had a similar problem to mine. I have an 04' AN650. I ride about 40 miles to work and put my credit card, parking garage card, and camp ground card in the glove boxes before I leave the house to use on any given trip. I have had my Visa card go belly up and my campground gate card as well. I think the left box is the culprit and might be over some magnetic components that rest just under the glove box. Please reply if anyone has had the same problem or is it just mine? thanks

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
It could be as simple as the magnetic strip rubbing against the plastic surface of the glovebox. This scared up a plastic calculator pretty badly when I carried it in a glovebox, and I could see where it could wear down the magnetic strip on a card.

If this is the problem, Jac Vinson sells custom fit liner sets for all three gloveboxes that have rubber or cork surfaces. I have a set on my Burgman 650 now. Alternatively, you could buy some rubberized shelf liner material and line them yourself (not as pretty, but it would work). Without liners, stuff tends to slide and bounce around more than you'd think inside those gloveboxes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks for the referral Pauljo

Hi Pauljo;
thanks for the referral on the pocket liners. They are popular with folks that want to carry PDA's and Cameras in the pockets without getting them scratched / banged up.
Have a great Xmas season.
Jac
http://www.rvtoys.net

1 - 4 of 4 Posts