Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 2012 650 for 10000 with 7500 miles. Are people that crazy thinking someone will pay a new bike price on a year old bike with that kind of mileage? Lets be realistic now folks on pricing sheesh

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ledude in the Charlotte craigslist listings a guy says he paid over 14,000 for a 2012 trying to sell it for 9000. Little overpriced in my book. Come on be honest with your expectations on resale value now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a brand new 2012 Burg 650 for under $9000 out the door in May. Got a really good deal at Delmarva Powersports in Salisbury, MD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, just joined, I picked up a 12 Exec for $9200, used the Suzuki zero interest deal. I can hear my other bikes snickering when I close the garage door. Joke might be on them :rolleyes:
Far as pricing sure many are under water with loans, I would be until I get bored paying every month.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
A local dealer here had a new with warranty 2012 leftover listed on Craigs for $7,999 . The ad ran for about a week and it was GONE ! There is an interesting one on Craig's right now , an 06 with less that 100 miles for $5,500 . It's been on 3 days .

Posted: 2013-08-08, 3:36PM
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/3989208774.html

Not bad really for $5,500 , if he would take 4K I would grab it LOL .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Something about a 7 model-year old bike with less than 100 miles makes me nervous. What kind of problems can be anticipated in a bike that sits for that long?

I think $4k is about the right price.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Like anything else you are trying to sell it's worth what someone is willing to pay ;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The internet has changed the pricing of almost everything. In the "old" days, it was difficult to know what something was selling for outside of your immediate area and you bought items based on the limited knowledge you had. With the ability to price and purchase things from great distances, the sales prices have dropped. I went to the next state to buy my 400 that was originally bought in Mississippi and brought it back to Tennessee. I went over 500 miles to get my 650 that was originally bought it in New York and brought back to Virginia. I bought my last 2 cars in the next state over 200 miles away because of the availability and price. Maybe the sellers are not aware of what the scooters are selling for on the open market and are basing their prices on what they paid and/or the book value.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Something about a 7 model-year old bike with less than 100 miles makes me nervous. What kind of problems can be anticipated in a bike that sits for that long?

I think $4k is about the right price.
I know what you are saying and it's logical , but I've bought bikes that have set for decades without any problems . A couple have had a rusted cable or the like , and one had a contaminated gas tank . But overall no BIG problems . I would guess if the one listed above has a clean gas tank it's probably OK .I just picked up a 2004 Silverwing with 1220 miles , it was a REPO that sat for years . Put a new battery in it and it started right up and didn't miss a beat . Ya never know .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well for those prices you can get a Harley, But you will have to get a Black leather jacket. 4 sets of clothes with the Harley Davidson logo and for some of us a clip on pony tail for your helmet or do rag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I'm new to the site, just registered yesterday. Took delivery of a new 2012 650 Executive on Saturday and drove it off the lot with 0.5 miles showing on the odometer. Dealer's price was $8100 if I did not take advantage of Suzuki's 0% finance rate. Received a little more than KBB trade in value for a 2008 Yamaha Morphous, so the dealer got my Morphous plus $6000 in exchange for the Burgman and I drove off the lot a happy camper on my new Burgman. So far I've only put 68 miles on it but even with my limited experience on this Maxi-scooter, I can say I made the right choice in buying this instead of the 650cc BMW.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
^^^ 1 is a rip off, and the other is a steal, eh?
The seller says $3,900 or make offer , so I'm thinking he would take $3,500 ? To me $3,500 is a steal , as in a STEAL !!! It's pretty much a brand new bike for about 1/3 of what the original owner paid .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The more expensive one is an exec with extras.
It's also been down on both sides , so the extras don't mean much to me . The cheaper one with the super low miles to me is the bargain if you can get it for $3,500 .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Plus one with $3,900 one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts