Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with a fellow biker and was following him up the road when Mr. Idiot decided not to watch where he was going.
Had the Cam running mounted on the brake reservoir and caught it all.
http://youtu.be/C1BL8o8wFCA
Remember Ride like your Invisible!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
He should be glad he didn't clip it with his stuck out foot!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do believe he was trying to kick the car with his leg. 8)
That is our homeless biker dude and he literally lives on his bike. Not an ATGATT kinda guy but very genuine! He put 25,000 miles on his DR650 just last year and has been all over the states with no job or residence. He is a true biker and stores all his possessions at our facility such as tents, spare bike, seasonal clothes, and many fishing poles and tackle. I see him when when he needs work done on his bike or to gather his supplies and most of the winter months then he is off on a true biker's adventuresome life. He is fun to ride and fish with as he knows all the great back roads and fishing holes. I do worry about him and made him follow me back home and installed a working horn on his bike! He is one of the most interesting biker customers we have but it took me 6 months to convince him to start to use a DOT approved helmet (I bought for him) instead of a novelty helmet. :roll:
God Bless Brian on his biker adventures!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The DR guy could at least wear gloves, chances are like 100% your hands will make contact with moving asphalt if you crash.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Wow! Strongly considering a camera mount for my 650 after seeing the video. Brian reads like my kind of folk. Just living his life. Bless you for the horn install. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Well ya never know when some nuckelhead will pop out infront of ya.

Last night I had a "Deja vu" moment at the EXACT same place I got creamed in Dec 2010. Out of the SAME 7-11 store a 450 Mercedes pulled right in my path. I was doing 35 MPH in a 35 zone. As I was climbing on the brakes I hit the High Beams and the horn while countersteering hard left. The sucker stopped as I was hitting the center suicide lane. He/She would have taken the left fast lane right out of the parking lot. This time I was not in the right lane or else........ :blackeye:

You did good for your homeless friend but you can only go so far, they have to go the rest of the way. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are they putting in those Slurpees at that store?
I would avoid that 7-11 like the plague. Glad they heard/saw you before it was too late!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
At 60 MPH - a vehicle is covering 88ft/second..........At 30 MPH - 44 ft/second........at 15 MPH - 22 ft/second AND at just 7.5 MPH........ 11 FEET in only 1 second............. ALWAYS BE PREPARED TO REACT..!!!!!!! :( A Mercedes and scooter do not BLEND well, at all!!! AND - you know who is going to come out the - WINNER!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
v8eyedoc said:
................clipped........................ AND - you know who is going to come out the - WINNER!
In the long term (and assuming we're talking in the USA, here) , I'm guessing the one with more money to spend on lawyers! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Fatjock said:
v8eyedoc said:
................clipped........................ AND - you know who is going to come out the - WINNER!
In the long term (and assuming we're talking in the USA, here) , I'm guessing the one with more money to spend on lawyers! :lol: :lol:
NOT with good "paid" witnesses..............!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts