Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang!
Last night, my 2007 Burgman 400 developed the weirdest electrical thing I can imagine.

1) The low beam doesn't come on at all when the switch is set to low.
2) Both lamps (Hi and Low) come on when the High beam switch is set to Hi. (Shows that the bulb isn't burned out.)

3) The front Turn signals flash OPPOSITE of what the turn signal switch is set to, but the back turn signals flash correctly! (I mean when you push the switch to the left to signal a left turn, the RIGHT front flasher flashes, but the left rear flasher flashes, and vice versa!)

This must be caused by some logic control box going crazy, right? All the bulbs are working, just at inappropriate times!!

Help!!

Thanks,
Bill

·
Administrator
18,379 Posts
Bill, this may sound crazy but humor me. Sounds like you have an open ground on that circuit. I do not have a 400's service manual to look at the wiring diagrams. Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
8,145 Posts
Bill, this may sound crazy but humor me. Sounds like you have an open ground on that circuit. I do not have a 400's service manual to look at the wiring diagrams. Just my thoughts.

agree with dave now the Q is where

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
thumbed through my 07 400 service manual and peaked at the wiring diagram and can't see why what you describe is happening, particularly with the turn signals.

ECM is tied into the turn signals, but not sure if its just for monitoring purposes, or if it controls it somehow.

Here's a few tests you can do, check the horn. Its also tied into the ground circuit that I'm assuming is not far from the turn signals.

What does the dash report with the turn signals? is it right?

If anything, most of the problems you state all have some sort of control thats done with the left control switch, I'd check the wiring with that to make sure its good, possibly ground going to that switch as was suggested. This is why I suggest the horn since its also on that switch.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts