Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a "Hoop":rolleyes: with about 8800 mi. on it, about a year old.
Almost every tread block has a radial crack- in the tread groove. This is very disturbing. Yes I realize the tire is nearing it's lifetime.

So now I'm looking for its replacement. Gave up on "dark side" as I can't find a suitable size match.

Any recs as far as brands?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
First time I've seen anything like that . After trying just about all the rear tires that fit a 400 I found the Diablo to give me the cheapest cost per mile. Don't waste your $ on a Shinko they don't last but 4-5k :(

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Seen that many times on bikes and scooters fitted with Bridgestone's, does not seem
to cause problems but a bit off putting.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I'm curious as to the date stamp on the tire.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had that on my 6+year old morphous tire (just bought the bike off someone a few months ago) I had to replace those suckers soon after as a huge bubble appeared as it was delaminating.

I have Diablos- but I do a lot of Canyon riding and I don't see the tire lasting too long given how it's been wearing so far. I hear the Hoops have the best lifespan and I'm beginning to agree.

I saw that Mitch Burgsma keeps his at 41psi at the rear! That seems really high to me. He does mostly highway riding- but has a video of a replaced rear at 16k ! Anyone else use higher psi than quoted?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It's a "Hoop":rolleyes: with about 8800 mi. on it, about a year old.
Almost every tread block has a radial crack- in the tread groove. This is very disturbing. Yes I realize the tire is nearing it's lifetime.

So now I'm looking for its replacement. Gave up on "dark side" as I can't find a suitable size match.

Any recs as far as brands?

Thank you
In 8800 miles....the bike may have been left outside all the time and exposed to the sun's uv rays and also ozone........ THAT will age a tire - f a s t!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been garage-kept :(. In fact, for most of the Alabama hot summer of 2013, it was in the garage on its centerstand.
RE: 41 psi- I tend to keep the back tire near the 36 psi recommendation (for 2-up). Even if I am riding solo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts