Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Anytime Doc ....

Stay Strong Plum ! ....and remember ...Hook, Line and Sinker has a Nasty After Taste .

·
Banned
256 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Rusty J,

Who do you think is Mother Bot ?
Who's behind the botnets?

What are the effects of convincing a segment of the US population that these statements are true?

Who benefits from those effects?

(I'll come back to this at some point, but it's almost 1:30 AM here. But think about those questions.)

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Flushed .

Reactions: Plum loco

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Topic Removed By Me .

In appreciation of those who try to keep it fair and balanced.

·
Administrator
18,387 Posts
Again what the OP has asked is ignored and just gets Youtube videos of more and more unrelated stuff. If it continues this too will be locked.

Not trying to censor all comments but you may not see that the video you think is funny is full of crap to another. What you think is a 'Good News' story is Conspiracy Theory to another. A one sided view is not good so in most cases the comments from both sides are allowed. But when a member(s) just keeps stacking one after another web comments and videos of their views, that is not so good. I have to do my best to keep the forum open and free for all views for all members, not just the few.

So, PLEASE do not spend hours combing the web to find some comment to back up your agenda and then come on this Motorscooter Forum and post it.

Having an off forum topic dialogue is OK. But digging up stuff with just the effect of raising reactions is not.
Again, Facebook is full of this crap. Spend more time posting this stuff there. Or start your own agenda forum and censor it how you feel.

This is not just my opinions. I get about 5 PM's a day asking why some of the posts are allowed on a Burgman Scooter forum. I can not share the PM's but just know they are from many different members that say they are thinking of leaving because of the 'Off Topic' subjects. Its like when we had the 'Darkside' war where a few members would get loud and post flaming comments, we lost about 30+ members that just got fed up with the bickering.

If anyone else wants to take over as Admin, let me know. I will say up front, the pay really sucks and the hours are long.
Not trolling for sympathy, just saying you must devote 8 to 10 hours a day, 7 days a week to the forum. You can take a day or two off and let the Super Moderators handle things but they can not do many things the Admin can.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Who's behind the botnets?

What are the effects of convincing a segment of the US population that these statements are true?

Who benefits from those effects?

(I'll come back to this at some point, but it's almost 1:30 AM here. But think about those questions.)
The bot-promoted ideas are that CoVID-19 is less severe than it is, that even if you do get it there's a cure (HCQ), and that quarantine/PPE measures are government overreach.

The effects are to promote a premature end to containment measures, discourage PPE use, and sow distrust of state and local governments that are attempting to mitigate the pandemic's spread.

Who benefits?
  • Wall St./hedge funds, from the temporary boost to the markets. They can probably exploit the subsequent downturn too.
  • Oil industry, from the temporary increase in demand.
  • Tourism/travel/hospitality (esp. gambling; the rest are likely more cautious) until the second wave hits.
  • Conservative/charismatic religion in US gets full churches again (until the parishioners start getting sick, and maybe even then).
  • Russia, as it prolongs and worsens the pandemic effects on the US, and creates further internal political divisions.
  • China? Probably not. They need a stable US economy to absorb exports and would prefer not to have boom/bust/long-term depression here.
Best guess? Russian active measures campaigns, social media campaigns supported by conservative dark money, and some random trolls in it for the LULZ (or as an entry to promote quack "cures").

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hmm ?

Gateway Pundit?! Seriously?

To my original questions, how do downplaying the severity of CoVID-19, discouraging containment measures/PPE requirements, and encouraging "going back to normal" support the motives you're alluding to with those references? Be specific.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Rusty J, thank you for replying.
I removed the Gateway Pundit link.
Your Russian Theory has been noted.

While you build upon the Foreign Enemy Threat Theory
I will continue to work on the Domestic Enemy Threat Theory
In hopes our Forefathers will smile upon us both for that
and while we continued in a Constitutional Civil Discussion
All for the betterment of our Great Nation
and the Earth in general.

To Dave_J and to those that sought his help in Private Discussion
I’m sorry to have offended you and will again take a passive role in
this Thread of Discussion.

To my buddy Plum, know that I’m still quietly here but feel like the
old biker that said “I Hope I’m Wrong.”

Keep Breathing Boys ! Ride when you can.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
It occurs to me that there's a stumbling point here -- the threshold of agreed-upon facts.

Someone who thinks the whole Russia 2016 thing is just a Deep State Conspiracy is not going to be predisposed to accept that Russians are behind the spreading of coronavirus disinformation over social media.

I'm also taking for granted that CoVID-19 is a serious and potentially lethal disease, and that isolation, social-distancing, and PPE usage can and do cut the transmission rate. People who don't accept that, probably don't think it's a big deal that someone's using a lot of fake accounts to pass along what those people think is "common sense" anyhow.

·
Banned
256 Posts
It occurs to me that there's a stumbling point here -- the threshold of agreed-upon facts.

Someone who thinks the whole Russia 2016 thing is just a Deep State Conspiracy is not going to be predisposed to accept that Russians are behind the spreading of coronavirus disinformation over social media.

I'm also taking for granted that CoVID-19 is a serious and potentially lethal disease, and that isolation, social-distancing, and PPE usage can and do cut the transmission rate. People who don't accept that, probably don't think it's a big deal that someone's using a lot of fake accounts to pass along what those people think is "common sense" anyhow.
Yeh, but the numbers are cooked. One bloke on talk radio was in tears, his old mam was tested twice for corvid and the results were negative, on her death cirtificate it was put down as died of corono virus.
Over hear in good old England, all the hospitals are empty. My niece who has a Masters degree in caring and goes round various hospitals, she knows nobody who's got the virus. Out of three billion plus world wide, the death rate is minimal. I suggest you close this thread, nobody is being told the truth. Corvid facts, there isn't any. Just a load of bull, from all sides.
Sorry chaps, chilled with a few bottles suds. Come November we might see a corvid 20, but that's only my opinion.

Reactions: s-steel

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Went by ambulance to the emergency room this morning,, no one waiting, no one coughing. I was seen and out in 2 hours including ct scan,

(lotsa farting)

Reactions: s-steel

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Again what the OP has asked is ignored and just gets Youtube videos of more and more unrelated stuff. If it continues this too will be locked.

Not trying to censor all comments but you may not see that the video you think is funny is full of crap to another. What you think is a 'Good News' story is Conspiracy Theory to another. A one sided view is not good so in most cases the comments from both sides are allowed. But when a member(s) just keeps stacking one after another web comments and videos of their views, that is not so good. I have to do my best to keep the forum open and free for all views for all members, not just the few.

So, PLEASE do not spend hours combing the web to find some comment to back up your agenda and then come on this Motorscooter Forum and post it.

Having an off forum topic dialogue is OK. But digging up stuff with just the effect of raising reactions is not.
Again, Facebook is full of this crap. Spend more time posting this stuff there. Or start your own agenda forum and censor it how you feel.

This is not just my opinions. I get about 5 PM's a day asking why some of the posts are allowed on a Burgman Scooter forum. I can not share the PM's but just know they are from many different members that say they are thinking of leaving because of the 'Off Topic' subjects. Its like when we had the 'Darkside' war where a few members would get loud and post flaming comments, we lost about 30+ members that just got fed up with the bickering.

If anyone else wants to take over as Admin, let me know. I will say up front, the pay really sucks and the hours are long.
Not trolling for sympathy, just saying you must devote 8 to 10 hours a day, 7 days a week to the forum. You can take a day or two off and let the Super Moderators handle things but they can not do many things the Admin can.
I was glad to see Twitter posting warning messages on some of Trump's tweets when they flagrantly contradicted known facts or obviously fomented violence.
So Dave, feel free to do what is necessary to keep this forum sane.
This doesn't lighten your workload, but you have my support.
In my experience when I held administrative positions, I found that 95% of my work was devoted to issues caused by a very small percentage of people. I cannot recall one instance where those people offered to help deal with the issues they created. My personal tolerance for this situation was low and I found myself resigning from those positions early.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Yeh, but the numbers are cooked. One bloke on talk radio was in tears, his old mam was tested twice for corvid and the results were negative, on her death cirtificate it was put down as died of corono virus.
Over hear in good old England, all the hospitals are empty. My niece who has a Masters degree in caring and goes round various hospitals, she knows nobody who's got the virus. Out of three billion plus world wide, the death rate is minimal. I suggest you close this thread, nobody is being told the truth. Corvid facts, there isn't any. Just a load of bull, from all sides.
Sorry chaps, chilled with a few bottles suds. Come November we might see a corvid 20, but that's only my opinion.
One of my relatives had it (test confirmed). Survived, but it was much worse than normal flu -- not to the point of needing a respirator, but not good at all. You don't want a case of it is all I'm saying here...

The numbers are definitely being cooked. Yale researchers concluded that while the US "officially" hit 100,000 CoVID-19 deaths two days ago, we actually crossed that grim threshold three weeks ago.

I'd be shocked if there was an nCoV-20 epidemic.* Novel coronaviruses that can go lethally pandemic don't cross over to humans that often, and CoVID-19 by its nature doesn't mutate much in ways that affect its effectiveness at infecting humans. The last time we had a dangerous coronavirus epidemic was MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) in 2012-13; before that, SARS (Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome) in 2002-04.

*There might indeed be an nCoV-20 though. With all the research attention to coronaviruses, they could find a previously undiscovered one this year. That would get it tagged as nCoVID-20 ("novel coronavirus identified in 2020"). Based on the relative frequency of outbreaks, the chances that any "new" strain of coronavirus discovered this year will also be both highly contagious and life-threatening is rather small.

·
Administrator
18,387 Posts
In 2002 my mom was recovering from Non-Hoskins Lymphoma treatment. Her immune system was still quashed.

My youngest sister who was a homeless Meth/Crack addict decided to go crash at my moms house. She was real sick and the doctors thought she had SAR's. But in her Crack induced head she did not care about my mom being in recovery from Chemo and radiation therapy.

One week later my mom was in hospital with pneumonia.
Two weeks later she was dead. The doctors would not do a SAR's test as it was not readily available.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Went by ambulance to the emergency room this morning,, no one waiting, no one coughing. I was seen and out in 2 hours including ct scan,

(lotsa farting)
HAHAHAHAHA its hilarious when old people fart but dont acknowledge it. they dont flinch or move or anything. like they couldnt sense it themselves that it happened or just dont care hahahaha youre

on a serious note. you went because you feel off? to test for the virus?

·
Administrator
18,387 Posts
Mikey may at some time let us know why the ambulance ride.

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
The numbers are definitely being cooked. Yale researchers concluded that while the US "officially" hit 100,000 CoVID-19 deaths two days ago, we actually crossed that grim threshold three weeks ago.
To be more accurate that Yale School of Public Health report did not say we actually passed 100,000 weeks ago it said we probably did. They based that on statistics for excess deaths. Excess deaths are defined as deaths above those normally expected. They made the assumption that they were Covid 19 related but did not go as far as saying they were actual Covid 19 cases. They said it could have been from other related causes like people not getting treatment for other illness because they were afraid of the virus. It also could have been from totally unrelated causes that were outside the range normally expected. The study did not delve deep enough into the causes to say for sure. The official numbers are those that can definitely be attributed to Covid 19.

This is a case of facts being reported in such a way as to leave an impression that is not fully supported by those facts. I don't think that was the intention of the Yale study but it is the way the media reported it.

161 - 180 of 205 Posts