Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

101 - 120 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yeah, better for anti tear gas than for for containing the virus.

·
Registered
956 Posts
For those who wear glasses but can’t practically function when the lenses fog up, a mask worn below the nose can work. They mouth breathe so that the exhale is contained and the inhale is filtered. They neither breathe in nor exhale virus through the nasal passage.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
New Hydroxychloroquine study of 96,000 patients suggests it increased chance of death significantly.
“this shows distinct harm...”
“For those given hydroxychloroquine, there was 34% increase in risk of mortality & 137% increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias. For those receiving hydroxychloroquine +antibiotic — there was 45% increased risk of death & 411% increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias.”

Easy version:

Lancet version
https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/article/s0140673620311806

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
keeping your hands away from your face is probably more important than a mask, masks are for airborne particles, hand washing is for keeping gunk off your face, if you wear a mask and constantly take your dirty hands and rub them all over your face adjusting your mask, you are not helping YOURSELF, masks and filters are strange beasts, some will filter particles but not gases, some filter certain gases but not others some filter particles of certain sizes or chemical composition. I've done the tear gas thing, cs gas, the vomit gas thing, changed filters in a contaminated environment, worn filters for vx, sarin, anthrax, paints, solvents etc. Never worn anything that would stop a budweiser fart

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
That pos blue mask does nothing. Not going in and not going out. Ita so loose that everything goes all over the place.

She wants me to wear that pos mask, no way.

Yes it makes all the difference and hows the UK doing atm with those blue masks?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
The UK doesn’t insist on mask wearing
All shops or other premises I’ve seen have a voluntary mask policy with no enforcement.
Never seem blue masks being handed out or required anywhere.

Not that it changes anything.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I was careful to say “medical masks” - I have no idea what was being handed out other than what you have said.

The point about the valve still stands. It bypasses the filter.

You are absolutely right about the importance of fit - you can spot the ICU staff around here from the bruised ring on there face. Proper removal needs to be done without touching the outside of the mask. Asolof already mention fitting requires training and a level of care.

We don’t have N95 masks here.
We have FFP2 which is similar but we use the higher FFP3 (N99 equivalent) for virus protection.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
I look at thr stats on worldofmeter everyday multiple times.

Many countries I shrug and say meh. Other countries I really sympathize with and others I say-your fault you shot yourself in the foot"
Sweden is one. Idiota of the eu. Your fault yoi shot yourself in the foot
Italy and usa-my heart hurts for you. But in the us, so many who are against face masks or keeping distance who ruin it for everyone. I have a feeling the 2nd wave will not be felt hard because the way things are going, the numbers are not dropping significantly to the point that autumn will come and it will feel like a slight roadkill bump running over a possum "did you feel anything?"

For the public, and those who really put in effort, i feel for them, the rest who do as they please, you only have yourself to blame and are ruining to for everyone else. Shame boris made it. Hes a joke who joked about the virus. Someone give him some money to fix his hair. Guy looks like a teen who wakes from His bed straight into the computer chair to play for another 18 hours straight. Hes a joke

Other countries like Russia who closed their border quite quickly and is not immune to it. Theyre numbers are skyrocketing out of control

Belarus are also idiots. No lockdown. "Alls good" .
Spain france and brasil 'shrugs" meh.

I salute Germany. And I definitely salute taiwan. They were the smartest of all countries. They knew who theyre dealing with. They immediately faught to get borders shut. Very smart

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
For those who wear glasses but can’t practically function when the lenses fog up, a mask worn below the nose can work. They mouth breathe so that the exhale is contained and the inhale is filtered. They neither breathe in nor exhale virus through the nasal passage.
Remember those dorky-looking nose-clips used by swimmers? Yeah, use those.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
That pos blue mask does nothing. Not going in and not going out. Ita so loose that everything goes all over the place.

She wants me to wear that pos mask, no way.

Yes it makes all the difference and hows the UK doing atm with those blue masks?
It stops large particles. The kind one expels when pronouncing Ps and Bs, or speaking really loudly.

The dual-filter mask might be effective (though a lot more restrictive) if the normal outlet valve was blocked, and one of the inlet valves for the cartridges was reversed. This would have the flow going in through one filter and out through the other.

Alternately, you could fashion a duct over the outlet valve, connected to an exit hose that ends in a filter.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
I filter all my air thru a cigarette and my water thru a coffee filter with two scoops of French Roast.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I filter all my air thru a cigarette and my water thru a coffee filter with two scoops of French Roast.
But do you decontaminate the cigarette pack before opening it?

(Not entirely joking here.)

Serious? Heat and the filter ought to stop incoming virus. Does nothing on the exhale, obviously. Wouldn't bet on it though. :)

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
But do you decontaminate the cigarette pack before opening it?

(Not entirely joking here.)
I give it 3 or 4 taps on the filter end and a Surgeon General Salute.
When you smoke a pack a day it’s Russian Roulette with or without Covid19.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I give it 3 or 4 taps on the filter end and a Surgeon General Salute.
When you smoke a pack a day it’s Russian Roulette with or without Covid19.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
as I see the numbers are going down very slowly, but not contracting.
there are so many infected a day.

at 100000 dead. with the active amount infected, it will be at least 160000+ over time. 1000 deaths a day. by the end of the year with the 2nd wave, it may be over 200000. thats horrible.
im curious on the paths this can take
1-open economy, hope for the best, but my guess is within 2 months everyone is back in lockdown. because as we know. no way in hell do americans have the discipline to wear masks and legitimately follow social distancing for so long. they dont have it now.
2-keep having a lockdown. economy is bad either way, but unemployment will rise because less people spending. because of lockdown.
3-release part of the states with positive outlook..?

what options are there?
I read but asking if others know. they have said specific people like blacks/arabs/hindi people who get infected have a much higher chance of death. is this true?

101 - 120 of 170 Posts