Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with the Big Picture. This thread hasn’t been bashing the Government, we have a rule about not getting political that is mostly enforced.

Please keep us posted on your efforts on the front line and please stay safe.
Good point kind sir.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I notice that you are talking about KN95 masks. We all know that it is out of stock everywhere. But I find thatKN95 masks is available here. (Admin Deleted link)
Without reading through all these comments I hope the KN95 linq is for a medical professional since those masks are specifically for them and not the general public.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That post looks fishy and I wouldn't click on any links.

When the sun rises out west Dave will probably take care of it.

·
Administrator
18,022 Posts
When a NEW member comes on and the first post is a link to something, it is most likely nefarious. They get bounced on the first try. Our old forum format new members could not post links or PM's till they had 16 posts. That was to stop spammers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When a NEW member comes on and the first post is a link to something, it is most likely nefarious. They get bounced on the first try. Our old forum format new members could not post links or PM's till they had 16 posts. That was to stop spammers.
Smart process

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Without reading through all these comments I hope the KN95 linq is for a medical professional since those masks are specifically for them and not the general public.
Putting aside the origin of the comment, I think the guidelines on N95 masks have misled the public. The guidelines were put in place only because there is a shortage of n95 masks. In case you have been sleeping for the past 3 months, not everyone is observing the mask-wearing, handwashing, and social distancing guidelines. Not everyone who thinks they are, are actually doing it. For example
  • wearing a mask with a beard
  • wearing a mask below the nose
  • not getting a seal with the mask
  • not always wearing the mask when around other people
  • wearing a mask of very poor quality
Most cloth or surgical masks are only filtering at best 20 to 50% of the particles 3 microns in size.

What this adds up to is that the mask is only protecting the other people around you. You get hardly any protection yourself from wearing it. If you go out among people who are not wearing masks or not doing it properly, you are exposed to them and if they have Covid-19, you are exposed to it.

If everyone IS wearing a DECENT mask PROPERLY, you have reasonable protection.

Take the example of a waitress working in a restaurant in an area that is beginning to "reopen". She is wearing a mask, protecting the customers, but the customers are eating their meals, not wearing masks. She is exposed repeatedly to multiple different people, some of whom likely are shedding Covid-19.

In my opinion, she deserves an n95 mask so she is protected as well. The same thing goes for other people who cannot avoid contacts (delivery drivers, etc.). It should not be necessary to risk your life to work for Amazon. Heck, even in the hospitals they won't give you an N95 mask unless you are taking care of a known or suspected Covid-19 patient. So the medical staff is running around in that high-risk environment with only surgical masks.

The N95 masks are available now through many sources online. Another problem is that many of the N95 masks that are available are crap. When tested for filtration of 3-micron particles and airflow rates, they have widely varying efficiencies. My daughter is exploring this through contacts she has in China and is trying to get a product independently tested with the thought of distributing it in the USA. This is not an easy undertaking.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What's Charlie Baker up to then,What's the new normal he keeps pushing.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
What's Charlie Baker up to then,What's the new normal he keeps pushing.
Plum,

Need some disambiguation ....which Charlie Baker do you speak of ?

I Googled ....Coughing and Breaking Wind
That’s why I always carry a paper towel in my wallet.💩

·
Registered
210 Posts
Plum,

Need some disambiguation ....which Charlie Baker do you speak of ?

I Googled ....Coughing and Breaking Wind
That’s why I always carry a paper towel in my wallet.💩
GOV. Charlie Baker,i was wondering what his new normal is.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
In my neighboorhood clinic, I wrnt to the pharmacy to get a few things. They told me I have to remove my mask and put on those 20cent blue masks. How the hell is a 0.2mm loosely fitting mask better then my tight around the face mask with 4 filters that are kn95 rated? I feel less protected with the blue one. The 3M has a much tighter seal

Yes its a painters mask. I bought last year and didnt use. But new filter elemnets

·
Administrator
18,022 Posts
That mask housing is a very good one. The problem is that 6001 CN filter on the sides. It is not rated for partial, it is only rated for vapor. The filter cartridge you need is part number 2091. The 2091 is a N100, better than N95. I have this mask and filter. It will stop Tear Gas too.

From 3M web page:
  • Optionally Available (both sold separately):
    • Replacement 3M™ P100 Particle Filters 2091 - 4-Pack- good to have on hand if filters get dirty or damaged or if breathing becomes difficult (which generally means it's time to change the filters).

• 3M™ 6001 Organic Vapor Cartridges - 2-Pack ‐ can be attached to the facepiece in place of the P100 filters for times when you need serious vapor, odor or fume filtration
Features

• NIOSH P100 means rated for filtration of any particle, including oils, exceeding NIOSH N95 and N100 ratings
  • Particle filtration efficiency of P100 filters also meets HEPA-level standard of 99.97% to 0.3 microns

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
@s-steel
Medical masks filter what is coming out of you.
industrial masks with a valve only filter what is coming into you.

The idea isn’t so much that your mask is there to protect you, it is there to protect other people from you
Their mask is the one that protects you (they don’t get to spray onto surfaces you might touch or on you directly)

The valve bypasses the filter so expired air, and any virus you are shedding will just be broadcast into the air.

81 - 100 of 170 Posts