Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Can anyone tell me why they would transfer confirmed Covid19 patients to nursing homes ?

Someone is Wagging & Shagging a Dog at the Pony Show !

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,185 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
CNN corrected the headline and acknowledged the original poll wording.

“CLARIFICATION: The headline on this post was updated to clarify that the survey found 68% of Americans say an available vaccine is very important before returning to normal life.“

as opposed to vaccine “needed before returning to normal life”.
so the issue is “very important” v “needed” ?
I’m all for accuracy but not exactly the biggest problem on coronavirus misinformation I’ve seen.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
CNN corrected the headline and acknowledged the original poll wording.

“CLARIFICATION: The headline on this post was updated to clarify that the survey found 68% of Americans say an available vaccine is very important before returning to normal life.“

as opposed to vaccine “needed before returning to normal life”.
so the issue is “very important” v “needed” ?
I’m all for accuracy but not exactly the biggest problem on coronavirus misinformation I’ve seen.
After someone other than CNN pointed it out.

“This misinterpretation of the poll was first noticed by Arc Digital's Nicholas Grossman, who called it "an egregious misreading."

Thank God someone is paying attention !

·
Administrator
18,022 Posts
Bluebottle said:
so the issue is “very important” V “needed” ?
I’m all for accuracy but not exactly the biggest problem on Coronavirus misinformation I’ve seen.
Exactly!

Quibbling over simple semantics is petty Bullcrap!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Can anyone tell me why they would transfer confirmed Covid19 patients to nursing homes ?

Someone is Wagging & Shagging a Dog at the Pony Show !
I can't tell you,I can only guess but i'll keep it to myself.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Exactly!

I agree about semantics but in the day and age of a lot of people just reading Headlines ...You’d think the “The Most Trusted Name In News” could be trusted to get the Headline right ? But let’s give em credit for fixing it when it was brought to their attention.

·
Premium Member
14,185 Posts
Exactly!

It's more than quibbling over semantics. News is as much about the impression it leaves on people as it is about the facts it imparts. The impression is what shapes the way people react and what they will remember. Leaving false impressions is one way bias is injected into reporting. Both the left and right wing media know this and use it. They know that most people will form an impression early in a report and won't really pay much attention to the remainder of the report.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
I'm lost for words,i'll take the west coast any day.
LOL.... that’s all I’m going to say....
but I’m still going to question your “Critical Thinking”

·
Registered
75 Posts
  1. At my job I'm a Lead Supervisor of Covid-19 Response for the biggest county in the U.S., basically we provide info/resources to the general public. I must say a lot of this thread consisted of bashing the US and our lack of ability to act quickly, how our 20-40 year old citizens have this reckless attitude that will spread to Seniors etc. You would be surprised to learn just how much our Government stepped up to assist our citizens in this Crisis. I personally monitor a program that feeds Seniors restaurant prepared meals 3 times a day for a total meal value of $66 daily, many seniors were not receiving that level of quality food before all this. Where are all the positive mentionings? How about the fact that there's a rent freeze for millions of people in one county? There's assistance with every aspect of life while we go through these troubling times, from being fed to living free in hotels, there's numerous programs simply giving out funds and that's on top of the Stimulus checks. My cups 1/2 full, sad most of you consider yours 1/2 empty.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Kudos Carl, keep up the good work. I’ll agree the money is flowing . Is the largest county L.A. County, California?

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Thank you, I think its important to look at the full picture, not just the negatives.
I agree with the Big Picture. This thread hasn’t been bashing the Government, we have a rule about not getting political that is mostly enforced.

Please keep us posted on your efforts on the front line and please stay safe.

·
Administrator
18,022 Posts
  1. At my job I'm a Lead Supervisor of Covid-19 Response for the biggest county in the U.S., basically we provide info/resources to the general public. I must say a lot of this thread consisted of bashing the US and our lack of ability to act quickly, how our 20-40 year old citizens have this reckless attitude that will spread to Seniors etc. You would be surprised to learn just how much our Government stepped up to assist our citizens in this Crisis. I personally monitor a program that feeds Seniors restaurant prepared meals 3 times a day for a total meal value of $66 daily, many seniors were not receiving that level of quality food before all this. Where are all the positive mentionings? How about the fact that there's a rent freeze for millions of people in one county? There's assistance with every aspect of life while we go through these troubling times, from being fed to living free in hotels, there's numerous programs simply giving out funds and that's on top of the Stimulus checks. My cups 1/2 full, sad most of you consider yours 1/2 empty.
DING DING DING "Winner Winner, Chicken Diner"

61 - 80 of 170 Posts