Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

201 - 205 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Some people get pretty uptight about spelling “properly” as well. I have been there (I was a teacher for some years) but have learned to chill out.

Mark Twain wrote that he had no respect for man who could only spell a word one way. He also said ”simplified spelling” is like chastity - it can be carried too far. I concur.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Their they're there
Your you're
Always gets people. I type bad as im too stressed so my fingers shake and hard to control at times as they cant keep up with my mind. I use the largest visual setting on the swiftkey kb and still dont hit the right buttons. Im constantly having to erase recommended words that I spelled wrong and recommends while I type. A lot of people will point out bad grammar when they want to stick it to someone. They go for that to hit back at them instead of giving a good argument back. Internet is intl so one should expect there are people from around the world posting and dont have the best grammar. Of I understood what he wrote its all that matters. But I absolutely hate slang grammer. wut u sey? Ur kewl.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Hey there you guys in the North West corner, is this for real ...

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,387 Posts
I think his total bill was $1.1M but I don't think he has to pay that. I do not remember the whole story. But he was in ICU for like 45 days.

Reactions: Daves00

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
He doesn’t look like he’s got enough earthly time left to earn enough to pay that off - at least not at my former salary. How do you get blood out of stone - if the guy is retired on fixed income with assets of say 500,000? Now that he’s out of hospital, is he forced to liquidate (and become homeless)? And there is the the small detail of the 2nd half of the bill still owing.

201 - 205 of 205 Posts