Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Covid-19 .... Have you or someone you know gotten sick or died from it ? (Friend or Family)

• A. I don’t know anyone who has been infected.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • B. I know someone who was infected but lived.

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • C. I know someone who died from it.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • D. I know someone who tested False Positive.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • E. I know someone with long covid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F. Coughed, Soiled Yourself and Developed Tourette’s Syndrome

Votes: 2 10.5%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Riders From Around The World, please help us understand the Covid-19 numbers.

Please refrain from any political commentary that might anger the Gods or Mods.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Interesting pole. I would still like to know if I have had covid. As I said, I got sick (which is not too often for me) just prior to the U.S. freaking out about this. Right before the stopping of flights to / from China. Plus, the wife was apparently sent home from work twice because she tested positive for it. And then another time positive and either negative the same or next day (she claims that was a false positive). And regardless if I had it back early on or not, I have been servicing the wife all along immediately upon her agreement for service regardless of her potential contagiousness. When a man is called to the plate, you come running with your bat and swing for the fence!

So, I think it's likely I have had it. But I have not tested for it. I will when it is free and convenient. I also NEVER get the flue shot. I would rather get the flue, get sick with it, then not be sick with it again for 10+ years. I never get any vaccination (except when I was a kid), and don't sweat over my hands not being washed. I wash them when there is schmutz on them. This is just me. But if others on here wash their hands every 5 minutes, I have no problem with that, I still like you, I still have respect for you. More power to ya! Just don't knock me for not washing my hands quite as much. Free country brothers.

I have a bmx buddy. He and his wife are 100% germ freaks. They carry around their sissy cream and lather up in it all the time, wet wipes with germ kill in it. They claim (and I have no reason to doubt it) that when they come into their house from being "out" everyone must go straight to the shower. I went in their house once, and it is like a museum. Pristine clean and you can't touch anything. More power to 'em. However, they stay sick all the time. I told them my theory is because their anti-bodies just sit around inside their body with nothing to do and get lazy. So that when a real germ enters their body, their fat lazy anti-bodies either don't get up off the couch, or are too fat and slow to fight germs. My body on the other hand is continually fighting germs. My anti-bodies are like ninjas going around kicking germs butts. That's why they stay sick and I rarely get sick. I say this, but could wind up in the hospital tomorrow from covid. Such is life.

7milesout

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here in Oregon we have been extremely fortunate, especially way down here in the southern less populated areas. We don't have the nightly downtown peaceful protests that some of our larger cities seen to enjoy, or at least tolerate, and are following the stringent lockdown and masking requirements of our caring super smart leaders in Salem. We wear our masks, cause that saves lives, and have somehow managed to avoid the tens of thousands of deaths we were told could happen. All good news. Have we flattened the curve yet ?
I dare not say more. Unless it's about oil choices, or filters I might use.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
As i work as a night guard now, we have truck drivers who bring deliveries/stock. One russian guy who i spoke to told me he was out 2 weeks because his wife was infected (she works in a cs call center) and she was in isolation and he had to as well. She had minimum symptoms he had none. I stay away from him just in case

@Dave_J.apologies for bringing up politics in my other post. I absolutely hate politics completely and will not bring it up again. Good that ypu were fast on the draw tp close the thread. I domt know what i was thinking. But i wasnt thinking

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought you were asking...we all know some VIP who had it or died from it...that is why I put friend or family in the poll.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Me what?
Do I know who Trump is? Yes, I would have thought most of the world does.
Do I count him as friend/family? No
Do I qualify as someone that had it? Not to my knowledge
Do I know family or friends that died of it? Yes
Do I know family or friends that have had it? Yes, I live in a hot spot region of England.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bluebottle what does “ niw “ mean ..... maybe it’s not translating here... I took it for a typo but maybe it’s like a lol or yolo or something else ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Me what?
Do I know who Trump is? Yes, I would have thought most of the world does.
Do I count him as friend/family? No
Do I qualify as someone that had it? Not to my knowledge
Do I know family or friends that died of it? Yes
Do I know family or friends that have had it? Yes, I live in a hot spot region of England.
Ah, I though niwing someone would mean you actually niw them. Not just niw ooof them. Or hoo they was.
My Bad.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm guessing he speaks English, not American. ??
I may have not worded the poll correctly but I tried to emphasize
do we know any friends or family that suffered from covid-19
Not VIPs.

So that was the question I was trying to clarify with him.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
You worded the poll correctly
I was talking about the different but related issue of people saying it didn’t exist and was just a hoax to harm the president. Mine was the unclear post (typo didn’t help)

(but ideally if you are including false positives it would have made sense to have false negatives too as it steers things in a particular direction. Also yes/no can be deceptive. some people know 1 person infected, some know a dozen or more. But your poll, your rules)

Edit: another typo :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That cool Bluebottle, we’re on the same page now. 🤣 YOLO

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
I know my neighbor family that has Covid19 in their house. Large Ukrainian immigrant family. As far as I know its still 2 dead and like 7 quarantined. Their house in 3 down from me.

My cousin's husband in Missouri has died of Covid19.

Two high school classmates 1 year above me have died of Covid19.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Another good question might have been:
”I know someone with “long” Covid”

I know a few people who have extended problems but one in particular has cardio-vascular problems months later that may still shorten his life drastically. Plus horrible brain damage.
All the more disturbing because he was young, intelligent and super fit + healthy (sports mad phys Ed. instructor).
Got a letter that his daughter might have been exposed at school, a week or so later he was in a coma.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts