Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
20,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been so sick the last week, doing a bit better today. Five days of temperature of 99.7 and higher. That causes the brain to hurt too. Doing my best not to get SWMBO sick. Early last week while in our small office at work, a fellow worker blasted out a huge sneeze and did not cover up. You could see the droplets hanging in the air. I tried to exit the room but was too late. When you do not have tonsils, adenoid or the punching ball in your throat, the germs hit your larynx.

Use this link for a printer ready flyer to post "Cover the Cough" http://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/protect/cdc_cough.pdf

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
so go get some vaseline, put a glob in your hand, go up to the guy and sneeze, covering as you should, with your hand , then pat him on the shoulder and say, that's how it's done, oh, sorry dude !

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
I'm actually not so worried about what is being carried in the air. Unless I'm in close proximity with sick people, I generally don't catch the virus from breathing it, it seems. However...I can almost guarantee that if I rub my eyes directly with my fingers — I'll be sick within the week. If I have to touch my eyes, I try to use a handkerchief, Kleenex, etc.

Chris

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Tell you where you can get a Cold or Virus from!! You Won't Guess

Answer? Gas Pump. :cheers:

Elliott,

·
Administrator
20,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris, you would not believe how many times I go into a customers home, spend about 1/2 hour working on the jacks only for the customer to say

"Oh I'm so glad you could come out today, I'm home with the flu and this works out for me fine".

I just want to YELL .... 'WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING!!!!! MAKING ME COME INTO YOUR SICK HOUSE!!!"

I don't, I just go out to my truck and take a quick towel bath with hand sanitizer. And bill them according for the work preformed.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'm in my 3rd of what sounds like the same thing. Sneezing, coughing so hard my ribs ache, every muscle in my body hurts and I'm miserable My two daughters of 41 and 38 have no sympathy for me. The older one claims it is because I had a flu shot. The younger one claims it is because I have been riding in the winter. I have ridden my scooter almost 1,000 miles in the last 3 weeks and the trips are usually 175-225 miles long. The starting temperatures have ranged from 23 to almost freezing. Heck, it warmed up to the 40s or 50s most of the time. My brother and son-in-law's Dad have both had it and they say the worst is over in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
osbornk said:
I'm in my 3rd of what sounds like the same thing. Sneezing, coughing so hard my ribs ache, every muscle in my body hurts and I'm miserable My two daughters of 41 and 38 have no sympathy for me. The older one claims it is because I had a flu shot. The younger one claims it is because I have been riding in the winter. I have ridden my scooter almost 1,000 miles in the last 3 weeks and the trips are usually 175-225 miles long. The starting temperatures have ranged from 23 to almost freezing. Heck, it warmed up to the 40s or 50s most of the time. My brother and son-in-law's Dad have both had it and they say the worst is over in 2 weeks.
yup, sort of like being dead , the hard part is the first couple of weeks then you kind of get used to it. probably not as uncomfortable as the flu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts