Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there's a cover that can be purchased designed for the Burgman 650? If so, where can I purchase one?

Also if someone has one - how well does it fit?

Thanks,
Silver

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have the cover. I've never used it. The problem is, when I get off the bike and go into work, the exhaust pipe is still hot.

The cover is, in a word, huge. It's said to accomodate whatever accessories you might accumulate. Heh. I think it might cover two bikes.

I had it on the Burger once, to try it out. It's been in the bag (quite a chore getting it back in, too) ever since.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I bought a Dowco guardian xl. Works well. If you have a rear topcase
take it off

Eddie

·
Registered
14 Posts
burgman cover

Call me cheap... I bought a cover at Walmart for $20. It fits perfect and it folds up and fits in a pouch the size of a pocket book. Fits in the storage compartment with lots of room to spare.

Mike
In Florida

·
Registered
394 Posts
Like Mike, I bought a generic XL motorcycle cover, in my case from the local hardware superstore. In my opinion it is designed to fit midsize touring bikes including topbox. Used it to cover my AN650 all winter long. Very nice value at $20.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
At work there is a Harley that has a spandex type material that stretches over the taillights and hooks onto the handle grips with an adjustable strap. It acts as a heat shield as opposed to a bike cover. Has anyone seen one of these? I would like to get one for mine here in Vegas.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Bryan, it is called a Qwik Shade. I have one. Works well on the seat. I got a large, but would suggest the XL, as the large does not go over the windshield. I had hoped that it would cover the hump too to prevent sun damage, but alas that is not the case. I do think, however, I can use the attached loops and a bungee and come up with something. They run around $50 or so you the large and $75 for the XL if I remeber correctly. But the cover is nice. It has four large loops on the corners that wrap around the taillights and the handle bars (on my bike anyway), and smaller loops on the side and included S hooks to pull it down for a snugger fit. Hope that helped.
~Dan~

·
Registered
308 Posts
Dow canvas full desser elastic with heat proof alum panels. 90 bux. Has flannel windsheild panel inside and vents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
cover

Be like Mike! Got mine from Walmart. Very nice two-tone silver and blue. XL (returned the Large) and packs up into the bag great. $24.99!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
another cover option

I found this "Dowco® Legend Traveler" at this site: http://catalog.ascycles.com/viewProduct ... _id=617057 and it looks tempting. I do not want a cover for the whole bike - just the "cockpit" to keep the sun off as much as anything else.
It comes in 2 sizes but I think I'll go for the larger one since I'm planning to add a trunk soon. $46

Anybody here ever try this one?

Al

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Fleet Farm $19.95 last fall, just enough to keep the dust off. I stored it in my garage. It included a storage bag

1 - 14 of 14 Posts