Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a cover for my Burgman 400. I found an OEM Suzuki cover for $96.00 but was wondering if anyone know's of one for less that will fit the 400.

I've you know of one that fits and is cheaper than $96.00 please let me know where you got it from and the model and/or part number.

Thanks,

stoof

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I don't own a 400 but I do have a "mystery maker" scooter that is fairly close in size to the 400 and I picked up a motorcycle cover at Walmart that fits quite well. I got the large size though I do have a permanent rack that sticks out the back on my bike that takes up a little more room perhaps than a stock 400. You could always buy the size you think is right and just save the receipt to exchange it if it is too big or too small. Walmart is very accomodating with returns and exchanges in my experience, and it helps that there are Walmarts just about everywhere so you usually don't have to go far to find one.

I don't remember exactly but it cost only about $20 and does have a "metalized" lower panel for heat resistance. It snugs down quite well even when I don't feel like fussing with the straps. You should be able to find them somewhere in the automotive section. In my walmart there is a small motorcycle section tucked into the automotive section and thats where they were.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never thought about checking wal-mart. Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Don't laugh or I will not share anything again.Go to Home Depot and look at generic BBQ covers.They are well made,tough and bout $24.

quit laughing,

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got back from Walmart and picked up a cover made by Wolf for 19 bucks and change.

The first cover I picked up was an Extra-Large (XL) and was a bit big on the Burgman 400 so I exchanged it for a size large (L).

The large cover fits tight and didn't cover the entire front tire but it did fit around the front fender well. The same was true for the rear of the Burgman 400, the cover didn't go all the way to the ground but tucked under the license plage frame and holds well.

The fit is snug from front to rear but this helps keeps the cover off the exhaust. There is a heat guard sewn into the cover but I'm not sure I would really feel comfortable with it since the instructions tell you to let the bike cool down before you cover it. I don't want to sit at the bus station for 30 minutes or so waiting for the exhaust to cool.

The front of the cover has a soft pad sewn in which helps keep the windshield from getting scratched up.

For 20 bucks I don't think you can beat it!

Thanks for the tip Tasmania!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
You forgot to mention whether you have a stock windscreen or a givi shield. I imagine that might make a big difference in what size cover someone would get (ie. if you have stock screen and i have a Givi I might want to try the XL).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's all stock. It's a snug fit so if you have Givi you might want to try the XL. Walmart has a very liberal return policy so if you ride your scooter to the store you can try it on and if it doesn't fit you can walk right in and exchange it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Walmart cover

I bought the cover at walmart for my B400, firts I picked a XL, thought it was too big, returned it and picked the L , too small for my taste. went back and got the XL again, I find it better to have more covered than less, thanks tass for the tip .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't care for them Wolf covers - you will wind up buying several over the course of a year. They are very susceptible to brittling in the sun and the underlying felt type material will turn to dust and get all over your Burgie. The only way to get rid of that white dust is a thorough washing.

You get what you pay for.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts