Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Clearview XXL windshield for my 650 today. It will be here in about 3 weeks. I paid $192.00 with tint and shipping, so not too bad. I decided after riding on the expressway last night. Caught a lot of wind and blew me all over. Hopefully it will be the best $200 I have spent! Next on the list...CORBIN SEAT! :headbang:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
For what it's worth Clearview makes a good windshield, had one on my big bike for 2 years with no trouble at all.
Hope you enjoy it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I just installed an XXL Clearview on my 650 and it's great. Eliminated that d_ _ _ wind noise caused by my full-face. I followed Clearview's instructions and used their hardware and the installation was quick and easy. :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
DonRich90 said:
I just installed an XXL Clearview on my 650 and it's great. Eliminated that d_ _ _ wind noise caused by my full-face. I followed Clearview's instructions and used their hardware and the installation was quick and easy. :D
Ditto. I've got a couple of hundred miles on mine now, and except for the $9.95 Throttle Boss, it's the best addition I've made. It has, however, cut my gas mileage by about 4 mpg.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
wasions said:
DonRich90 said:
Ditto. I've got a couple of hundred miles on mine now, and except for the $9.95 Throttle Boss, it's the best addition I've made. It has, however, cut my gas mileage by about 4 mpg.
Yep. In a nutshell:

1. Wind protection is excellent.
2. Construction and optical clarity is also excellent.
3. It will cost you some miles per gallon (5 to 8 mpg in my tests).
4. It will reduce high speed acceleration and top speed (by about 11 mph in my tests).

A large windscreen has somewhat of an "air brake" effect. Usually, the more air you are shoving aside - the greater the penalty in mileage and performance. And this big boy is pushing a LOT of wind out of the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts