Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on adding some LED light strips to my Burg. 400, since I ride home from work at 9:30pm. I got some I think will work well at Auto Zone- 2, 12" white strips (VERY bright!!) to go on the front, and 2, 4" red strips to go on the rear. I posted a picture in my garage, with a blue line where I want to put the white strips, and a red line where I want the red strips. (One of each color on each side. ;) )
The white strips should be visible from the front and sides to other drivers. The rear lights will be visible from the rear and the sides. Both are intended to increase MY visibility TO others. I want them on whenever the key is on.

I've found some information here and there on the forum, but I could use some clarification on how to hook these up:

The white strips use .36A total. Will the "Optional" connector in the front fairing be OK for .5 amp and less? Can I get the "other half" of that connector to use to connect to these lights? If not, what connectors do people recommend so that I can unplug these when necessary to take the front off when needed. (Hopefully not very often...) Would a relay be needed for them?
The rear lights are only .08 amps, what are the right wires to splice in to? I've read that the tail/stop lamps might have a relay in the socket, so it's not as simple as just connecting them to the wire for the tail lights?

Thanks for advice! :cool:

Also... How in the heck do I attach the picture from my garage here?? :confused:
If I click on my picture to try to get the url, it asks me if I want to Delete it? NO!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueller... anyone... Bueller? ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
led lights

If you want them on when the key is on then the power going to the horn might be a great choice. AFAIK the horn button is only the ground. Also connecting to the signal / running lights also might be OK since the amps are small.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts