Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about or created an electrically adjustable windshield for the Burgman? Like the st or the rt. Dont you all think that would be
great? I think this option would put it over the top as far as competing with the bigger , heavier sport touring bikes. Isnt that what the Burger is anyway?
Heated grips, a throttle lock, and this would be all that I would need to
jump on one.
Just wondering if Suzuki or any "inventors" out there had played with this idea. Whats you opinion? Jim
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
18,089 Posts
2-5 years, I'm not holding my breath. It seems a lot of manufactures, release them in Europe for a few years 1st. (bigger market).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
While I am sure an electric windshield is great it rises one question .
After you have hit the switch (so to speak) and you have it perfect do you leave well enough alone or do you continue to play with it because it was an expense option. :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
18,089 Posts
I would probably play a bit (like the power button). Depending on the crusing speed and weather conditions I would be changing the windshield height.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roll in down in town, up on the interstates, down when its hot, up when its cold or rainy. Down if you just want some breeze, or if its foggy, or .................. I think there would be lots of use for it, much more than the manual shift button. Jim
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
18,089 Posts
I posted "Power button" , the manual I use once a year to see if it still works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Randy said:
While I am sure an electric windshield is great it rises one question .
After you have hit the switch (so to speak) and you have it perfect do you leave well enough alone or do you continue to play with it because it was an expense option. :)
I found it very useful on the FJR1300 I rode for a week. Down around town, up on the highway. Definitely a worthy option. :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
211 Posts
Two questions,
1. Will this power wind screen give us tha same protection as the
Clearview XXL in hight and width when it is up fully?

2. Will we be able to change out this windscreen if it doesn't
provide enough protection?

Happy Trails
Poppy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,277 Posts
Poppy said:
2. Will we be able to change out this windscreen if it doesn't provide enough protection?
If the current replacement shields no longer fit and there's a market for them, I'm pretty sure Clearview (and/or other windshield manufacturers) will make taller replacements for them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
211 Posts
Yhanx Bill, you always have good news. I didn't realize it was this late, I'm going to bed its almost 5 AM.
Happy Trails
Poppy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,363 Posts
billmeek said:
Poppy said:
2. Will we be able to change out this windscreen if it doesn't provide enough protection?
If the current replacement shields no longer fit and there's a market for them, I'm pretty sure Clearview (and/or other windshield manufacturers) will make taller replacements for them.
This exact same situation happened with the V-Strom. In 2004 they went to an adjustable windscreen - totally different mounting system from the earlier models. In a matter of weeks, Cee-Bailey (the most popular aftermarket screen for that bike) had a newly designed series of windscreens out for the new mounting system. Clearview might be a little slower to react, but I'm sure they'd do the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,277 Posts
pauljo said:
Clearview might be a little slower to react, but I'm sure they'd do the same.
Judging by their 'reaction time' on the Burgman 400 windshield, I'd say Clearview will be MUCH slower. :evil:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top