Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw mention of several 400's for sale on ebay so thought I would take a look...son-of-gun.....one with less than 500 miles is in my town...hmmm....
maybe my dream machine can be in reach...

Paul
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
Hi pbary

I don't wish to state the obvious - just be careful with the ebay route, most sellers are genuine but there are some 'artists' out there! :)

Don't bid until you have done the physical!

Were you looking at this one - it looks tidy and a good proposition! Lot of bidders though so might go for crazeee money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Hey Paul,

Hope you can get a good deal on the 400. No indication as to what the reserve is set at. :( Good luck on the bid!
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NormanB said:
Hi pbary

I don't wish to state the obvious - just be careful with the ebay route, most sellers are genuine but there are some 'artists' out there! :)

Don't bid until you have done the physical!

Were you looking at this one - it looks tidy and a good proposition! Lot of bidders though so might go for crazeee money.
Agreed...I emailed the fellow offline and told him I was local and following the bidding. We swapped phone numbers...my comment to him was to give me a jingle if his reserve wasn't met and perhaps we could work something out. Who knows...I have between a $300-$500 advantage because I needn't factor in shipping. The bidding, although active, incremented up from $1000....sooo, checking Kelly Blue Book, I think I have a feel on true value, and my thought is that much of the activity was generated by bottom feeders,and that now that the pricing level is approaching a serious level, it will diminish....we'll see...

Paul
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup...

Randy said:
Well we know the reserve is over 4,000 :lol:
someone had gotten a shipping quote of $600....for an out of town buyer the currrent $4050 plus shipping is right at the Kelly Blue Book retail value. I
emailed the fellow to call me if his reserve isn't met and we could see if anything can be worked out...I'll be curious where this winds up..who knows,
this time tomorrow I might own it...<G>

P.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Re: yup...

pbary said:
someone had gotten a shipping quote of $600....for an out of town buyer the currrent $4050 plus shipping is right at the Kelly Blue Book retail value.
Hmmm...that's odd. In the eBay ad it states, "Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping)." :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Billmeek under the terms of sale it says:
The bike is available for pick-up in Denver, Colorado or you can arrange to have it shipped to you. We cannot provide shipping.
So I think someone must have looked into shipping costs as they will have to pay for that on top of the sale price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Oops. Didn't read down that far when glancing back at the page. :oops:
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: yup...

billmeek said:
pbary said:
someone had gotten a shipping quote of $600....for an out of town buyer the currrent $4050 plus shipping is right at the Kelly Blue Book retail value.
Hmmm...that's odd. In the eBay ad it states, "Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping)." :?
He won't arrange or cover shipping...the buyer can...

P.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top