Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My Burg 400 is just shy of the 4000 miles maintanence and was wondering what this maintanence cost you.

That way I can tell if this dealer is trying to pull a fast one on me.

Thank you for your help.

Ruthie

·
Super Moderator
8,075 Posts
It should be quite a bit less than the 1st. All it really needs is a fluid change, and maybe an air cleaner check. I would think $50 - $75 is the norm. Diong it yourself it's about $25.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the 400 it is required a valve check if it wasn't for this I would do it all myself and if my husband work wasn't requiring him to work 12 hours now we would do the valve check.

Guess the 650 doesn't require a valve check at this point.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Super Moderator
8,075 Posts
The valve check should have been done at the 600 mile service. That 1st service can run as much $200, if it's done right.

Here is a thread on Valve adjustment that may help.
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic. ... eck+cheque
I didn't think the 400 needed it so often though, I could be wrong.

PS

I checked, I guess is does need to be checked. The good news is, it usually dosen't need any adjustment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
4000 mi service cost

Hi Ruthie,

I just got my AN400 back today. The Suzuki dealer in Honolulu charged $78 per hour for 1.25 hours labor to do the 4000 mile service without an oil change. Total cost was $109.37 which included $7.50 for "supplies" and $4.37 tax.

The oil was changed a few weeks ago for $33.31.

Obviously I could've shaved a lot of the cost by doing it myself, but I'm getting too old for that kind of stuff and live in a condo and no longer have a workshop. But I've always believed you gotta feed your local dealer/mechanic some business to keep him alive for when you need him for stuff you can't do. I know they're ripping me, but there have been times when they did a lot of extra work and never charged me, so I'm not losing any sleep as long as this relationship continues to be symbiotic.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to those who replied. My dealer is doing me right at $99.00.

Now if I could get them to improve on they customer service (making a customer fee welcome not a bother). Boy, they could do great business.

Ride safe
Enjoy life

Ruthie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts