Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Corbin seat that came with the scoot when I just bought it. How long does it take to break it in to my rear end? It's feeling more comfortable after riding a 1000 miles on it. Also, I have a driver's backrest-I assume it is a GIVI, but it is round and full padded, no hole in it. Is there a way to make it tilt back a bit? JC

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is my seat http://www.amazon.com/Black-Drivers-Mot ... n+backrest
It is round and possible adjustable. I'm wanting to see if I can adjust it back a bit-it sits almost straight up right now. If you know how to adjust it-it does tilt forward-but it rock solid going backward. JC

·
Premium Member
14,234 Posts
Look at the picture of the seat in the link you posted. Right down at the bottom of the post you will see a threaded hole. When the post is inserted into the seat a screw is run through that hole. The end of the screw hits a stop on the seat to limit how far backrest will go back. If you want it to go back further run the screw out some. You access the screw by raising the seat and looking on the bottom of it to find where the post comes though the tilting mechanism.

It took about 3,000 miles for my seat to fully break in.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Buffalo, I'll try to find that screw. Is the seat leather? Corbin advertised their leather conditioner, what do you use? JC

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Corbin offers both a leather seating area as well as a vinyl material, depending on what the buyer wants. They usually recommend using vinyl on the sides for wear purposes. I use their leather conditioner on both materials on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to adjust it, my son helped me. There is a screw at the top that takes an allen wrench and you just have to loosen it a bit and it tilts back some so it is more comfortable. Looks like I got the problem solved. Thanks Aamigos on the conditioner-I'll have to get something to clean it. JC

·
Premium Member
14,234 Posts
As aamigos said it may be leather or vinyl. I use Mothers Gold Leather Conditioner on mine only because that is what they had on the shelf at the auto parts store when I went looking for something. Any good leather conditioner will do.

I forgot about that little screw at the top that lets you change the angle of the pad relative to the post mainly because it has been several years since I have fiddled with it. The bottom one I have had to readjust several times because I have removed the backrest from the seat and that is also the screw that secures it to the seat.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I took the easy route with the screw up top. I will look at leather conditioners, I'm sure they're cheaper than what Corbin sells. JC

·
Premium Member
14,234 Posts
It's good to know that there are two different adjustments. The bottom one moves the backrest forward and back and the top one adjusts the angle the pad hits your back. If you want it further from the handle bar you can adjust the bottom one to move it back then adjust the top one to get the pad flat against your back again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts