Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was your seat made at Corbin and you got to watch? If so..? Where was this done?How much? results?
Did you lose the passenger seat?
-Bryan

Pictures were way cool!

·
Registered
48 Posts
corbin seat

yes the seat was made in holister cal at the corbin factory , the reason you have to go there is because they do not have that seat base in there inventory, so they must strip your seat for the base. how it works there is you help them build the seat sort of ,you are with the guy doing it all day, deciding how much foam ,the shape ,the design , the leather used , and the test fittings on you bike ,the test rides before they are done to make sure it fits you etc. we put the seat, back on the bike 6 times that day test fitting it. , it took 8 hours to build my seat . the price was 500.00 usd and worth every penny of it . before i hade it done, a 10 hour day was a long day and to do it again the next day was torture ,but now i have done 2- 13 hour days and i was not even shuffling on the seat .the back seat is still there but that person would be sitting a little higher than on the stock seat ,i do not carry anyone so i built it, so i had max comfort, but i could carry someone across town if need be . you can design any style you want to if you carry someone you can make the seat great for both of you ,i just went for the solo style for myself.

·
Registered
857 Posts
That is really cool...how many inches of additional height did it add to the seat? It looks like you must be sitting a few inches higher than normal. I'd give that up in a heartbeat to have more comfort though.

Where is Holister CA? Are they open on a weekend? Can you post the contact name and phone number?

I want to look locally at upholsterer's to see if anyone could do the same here (AZ). I doubt it would be as nice as a corbin, but perhaps close...

thx for the photos.

G

·
0 Posts
corbin seat

hi . it only looks like i am sitting higher but in fact it is the same height or maybe one half inch lower that the stock seat . the back seat is a little taller so i would have a taller back rest ,which comes about 6 inches higher than my belt and i am 6'3" . corbin is just east of santa crus -montery and there phone number is 831-634-1100 .fax is 831-634-1059 and the guy in charge of drivein's is jack cortez ( very nice and very helpful ) there addy is 2360 techology pkwy hollister ca 95023 . i stayed at the cinderalla motel which looks kind of plain jane on the outside but the rooms are really neat and very clean .corbin is not open on the weekends . now flintbobbi the thing that makes the corbin is the foam that they use , it comes out of a machine as a liquid and then sets up, and as the guy was doing my seat he was adjusting the foam density for different parts of the seat so unless you can find someone with one of these and not just cutting it out of a block of foam i do not think you will get the same seat . i rode down from edmonton alberta canada and will do it again with the next bike, so from arizona it is just a nice day ride . if you want a nice scenic route take 395 north and go thru yosemite national park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts