Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The seat looks great! $479 is a lower price than I thought it would be, but they came up with the lighter weight seat pan so that they didn't have to replace the strut. Clever idea. (On the Silverwing they replace the strut.)

It's still a lot of money for a seat, but if I had the loose change, I'd probably go for it. I'd pass on the backrests though, especially if that is $199 apiece!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that $479 is WAY lower than I was expecting. I'll have to put this on the list of things to get some time. There's other more pressing needs right now. i.e. new wind shield.

Now of course if they came out with something like this
http://www.corbin.com/honda/gw18.shtml
for the burgman, I'd take out a fifth and sixth mortgage on the house to get it! :lol:

----

Hey, wait a minute!! Why does the Goldwing get the heated seat and not the Burgman?? I'm bummed out now....

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't like how Corbin makes all their seats into saddle types. I get saddle-sore just looking at the pictures.
And why don't they take our existing seats to build into them to save us money?

$479...? > That's more than two bike payments!

·
Registered
247 Posts
The cost is worse for us Canadians. $499 + $199 = $698 which converts to $950 plus taxes plus shipping.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Arby said:
The cost is worse for us Canadians. $499 + $199 = $698 which converts to $950 plus taxes plus shipping.
Plus taxes/ duties and brokerage fees for such a large item. Bottom line....out of the question

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the Dual Saddle seat on my Honda Shadow. It was great! Had a backrest aslo. Worth every penny and I got almost all of my money back when I resold it separately from the bike on Ebay.

The BAD NEWS is the seat only fits the 650, not the 400 and they have no plans to make one for the 400. BOO!

I would buy it in a second if they made it for the 400. You won't regret it if you buy one. Just take good care of it and resell it separately if you ever part with your Burgie.

I love my Burgman 400 though and don't miss my Honda Shadow at all!

Neil
San Diego, CA

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Neil,

The Corbin seat for the Burgman 400 is in development and should be available in about a month.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
There seems to be some interest in the Corbin saddles. Corbin saddles have a love/hate status amount motorcycle owners. I would suggest to those interested in a custom saddles that have not have had any experience with Corbin saddles go to a dealer who sells them and try one before you order one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
(quote)I don't like how Corbin makes all their seats into saddle types. I get saddle-sore just looking at the pictures.
And why don't they take our existing seats to build into them to save us money? (end quote)

That's why I prefer to go the Sargent route, Half the price and great quality upholstery. http://www.sargentcycle.com

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
239 Posts
You were checking their complete seat prices. Check out the custom seat section where you send in your seat and they modify and re-upholster it. I paid around $250 for mine.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Corbin Seat

I have printed the Burgman Corbin seat information and like the saddle look. My question is it states that the passenger length is only 12 inches. My present passenger length is much more than that. It also states that the seat height is 31 inches. Present seat height is 29. I feel that the seat is too high now. my head above the windshield and have considered cutting down the seat some. Anyone with a Corbin seat have any comments.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Does the Corbin seat come with hardware, or do we need to use our hinges, latch - I guess we keep the same hold up rod
.-(or do we send our old seat) :?
I looked at the Sargentcycle seat site but they are offering more foam and recover, not a new seat.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Before anyone orders thru them. Im trying to work out a deal with Corbin to give BurgmanUSA members a discount. Give me a few days for them to get back with me on this. It may or may not be a better deal than what I can come up with. But I'll try.
-Bryan

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Randy,

You always use your existing hardware with a Corbin seat. They provide their own seat pan, so you get to keep your exiting seat. Corbin also stated that their seat uses the existing prop rod. I believe you will also have to transfer the trunk light over to the Corbin.

I'm not sure if Greengoose received his seat yet (I don't think so). But when he does, he'll be able to confirm all this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts