Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing around on the corbin site and saw that they are about to produce a dual-tour seat for the burgman. the silverwing seat looks very nice. anyone have any more info? I wonder if it is for both the 650 and 400?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Are the seats for the Burgman 650 and 400 interchangeable?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Allwalk: That sure looks like a solo seat to me. In the second photo he's got the tail case and in front of it a duffel bag sort of carrier. No room for any passenger.

Also, if you look at the steep rise where the stock seat's butt stop used to be, it appears that you can actually lean back and get some lumbar support.

What is your take?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I emailed Corbin, and here's what they had to say;

"Just spoke to Vince in R&D and he says we should have the bike in the photo studio on Tuesday. Basically that means it will be ready for production. We should have webpage built wednesday or thursday.
Thanks for checking!
Greg"

Looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That seat looks great. Man oh manashevitz I want one! :lol: That's a lot of scratch for a seat, but I have a feeling it would be well worth the investment if one plans on keeping the bike for many years.

Bwdbrn 1, did you happen to ask if the seat that is in development is for the the 650 (as I would imagine) and whether or not they will be making one for the 400 as well? Bill, I do not think that the seats are interchangable. If memory serves me correctly, the 650 has a bigger seat then the 400.

I like the backrests and the option to add a colored piping. Ahhh more tweaking and customizing! :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
My message to them was specifically about the 650. Sorry, I didn't think to ask about the 400, but they responded to me within 24 hours, so I'm sure they'd do the same if somone asked about the 400.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I have a Corbin seat on my V-Strom, had one on my prior Kawasaki Concours, and also had one on my Honda Shadow 1100 before that. I like them a lot. But my $200 custom job on my Burgman 650 seat will have to do for now.

It is great when known windscreen producers, seat makers, exhaust manufacturers, etc, make the R&D and tooling investments to produce aftermarket stuff that is specifically for the Burgman. Each new item is another vote of confidence that these machines should be around for awhile. I hope Suzuki is taking note.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Ted White said:
Allwalk: That sure looks like a solo seat to me. In the second photo he's got the tail case and in front of it a duffel bag sort of carrier. No room for any passenger.

Also, if you look at the steep rise where the stock seat's butt stop used to be, it appears that you can actually lean back and get some lumbar support.

What is your take?
You're right about it appearing to be made for a solo rider. It does look like it could offer some more lower back support . But I wonder if it slaps you in the back when you hit those wavey woopy sections of road we have all experienced?

·
Registered
48 Posts
to allwalk and ted

the seat was made more as a solo seat as i ride that way most of the time . i can carry someone if they need a ride across town or something but if they have to go any great distance they can buy a bus ticket or there own burgman . as far as being slaped by the seat ,no that does not happen as they made it to fit my butt and it is like having a glove on it fits that good. it took them 8 hours to build the seat with me helping as much as i could ,and charged me 500 usd for it ,but i would and will do it again that way with my next seat as it feels that good .take care and ride lots

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Doug and thanks for clearing up the questions.

Was yours the first Burgman that Corbin did?

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi yes it was the first that they did . they had to use my seat base as they did not have any made for the burger yet .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts