Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John at Corbin sales (Daytona) just emailed me they are currently developing a seat for the Burgman 400. It should be available in about a month.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
But will it be 400/650ths of the cost of the Corbin for the BigBurger? :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
But will it be 400/650ths of the cost of the Corbin got the BigBurger?
You (and I) wish, but let hope it's a little cheaper the then 650 if only because it has less French fries. :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is good news! I for one and going to get one for sure. They are pricey, but worth every penny. I had one on my Shadow and got almost all
my money back when I sold it separately from my bike when I bought my Burgie.

I highly doubt the price will be any lower. Bascially the same size seat. So figure $499.00 plus $199.00 for a backrest. Ouch, but then an AAAHHHHH! :)

Neil K.
San Diego, CA
2003 Blue Burgman 400
Ex-lifetime Honda Owner

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Years ago I worked for awhile at a BMW bike shop and a number of the guys had Corbin's. Personally I could not stand the rock hard seats. They all said "you gotta ride em awhile till they break in". Wonder if Corbin could put some softer foam in for us older tender butts? Might ask if I like the look of the new seat.

Meanwhile I've ordered some sheepskin to make things more tolerable.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
ted clement said:
Years ago I worked for awhile at a BMW bike shop and a number of the guys had Corbin's. Personally I could not stand the rock hard seats. They all said "you gotta ride em awhile till they break in". Wonder if Corbin could put some softer foam in for us older tender butts? Might ask if I like the look of the new seat.

Meanwhile I've ordered some sheepskin to make things more tolerable.
I had to ride both my Burgman 650 and my V-Strom back to back this morning. Washed them both, and had to "air dry" them. I vastly prefer the hard Corbin seat on my V-Strom to the softer Burgman seat. Yes, it feels hard when you first sit on it, but you can ride on that thing all day without discomfort. Soft doesn't always equate to comfortable over the long haul. The stock V-Strom seat was a lot softer, but would get uncomfortable on any ride over 100 miles.

The Burgy seat isn't bad at all for a stock seat, but I know I would like the Corbin better - I've owned 3 Corbin seats so far on different motorcycles and I've liked them all. After spending the money to re-upholster the stock 650 seat, I can't justify the expenditure right now, otherwise I would order one.

Just another point of view.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Pauljo, undoubtedly you're right, or Corbin wouldn't have stayed in business as long as they have. Its just that I can't convince myself to plunk down that much money without being pretty certain it will suit me.
Of course with all the Burgs out there now, I could probably sell it if I didn't like it, without losing too much. Or maybe rent it out for one week trial periods to guys like me? I'd gladly pay $50 plus shipping for a weeks worth. Maybe even more. :lol:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Which raises a question I had, maybe someone out there knows the answer.
You buy a 400 + dollar seat I would guess there must be some warranty as to workmanship , but will Corbin take it back if after a week you find it just does not fit you , are you stuck trying sell it your self. :(

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Randy,

Corbin seats are warrantied against defects for one year.

Regarding the "doesn't fit you" issue, this is from their website:

Saddle Reworking is partially covered as mentioned in the Rework section. As the original owner, we will rework the shape of your saddle if needed at no-charge as long as we can refit the original cover back onto the seat. In cases where the modifications are so drastic as to demand a new cover, a recover charge would apply. The first shape rework is covered under warranty, additional reworking may result in charges. Over the past 30+ years, we have found the Corbin saddle works perfectly for roughly 90% of the riding population. If you believe that you will fall into the 10% catagory, make sure you discuss this with a Corbin sales representative when ordering your new saddle. Don't forget that your Corbin saddle has a break in period where the foam shape will conform to your body. You may want to put some mileage on it before contacting us for reworking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts