Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone mentioned that they were not sure whether Corbin makes a close seat for the B 400. I just called Corbin and they said they can make a seat as close as you want on the 400 but then that may mean less on the saddle pan. They also suggested that when you order the Corbin you put in your height, weight, and inseam so they can fit you better. Plus the man suggested that for short people like myself 5'4" to get a nose job on the seat so that it would be easier to plant feet on the ground.

I almost bought the B today and wanted to order the seat but am having some stalling tactics by the dealer on trade in price for my Savage. I am almost inclined to go elsewhere but will wait 2 days to see if a person will buy my bike rather than trade it in. :evil:

Now that I am absolutely hot to trot about getting this Scoot my patience is running thin :!: I can't wait until this ordeal is over and start riding on my future Silver Queen. Although I did enjoy riding on Sunshine this past Saturday as the weather was absolutely beautiful :!:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Evelyn,

Glad to hear that Corbin will work with you to build a seat to suit you, Hang in there and you'll get a Burgman soon. :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I don't want to wait, I want it all NOW :lol: O.K. now that I got that out of my system, I feel a little better, not :wink:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Call up the other dealers near to you and explain what you want and get their reaction. I got the NADA trade in value on my Bandit 1200 sight unseen - and a $6,500 price on a Burgman 650 over the phone. It took a few calls - but was well worth it.

Then either go with them or ride the savage in to your local dealer (bring everything you need to do the deal right then). Ask to talk to the sales manager and say that for your savage and X dollars (pick your amount) you'll do the deal right now - otherwise you're riding to (whatever the next nearest place is) because you've already talked to them.

Don't be afraid to walk out.

Motorcycles generally have a 14% markup, and I can usually get 10% off and get the NADA trade in value. I remind them that making a small amout off of the sale to me is better than making nothing, and if they do my deal then they will also get me for service, parts and accessories. If they won't do the deal you want then ride to the next place.

The dealerships are in it to make money - and they usually want to make as much money as possible (I can't blame them for that). If they feel they have competition for your business then they will go lower than if they feel they have you like a fish on the line. Half the time a salesperson goes to "talk to their manager" about a deal they are telling them to shake their heads because they feel they can get you to go higher.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Evelyn said:
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I don't want to wait, I want it all NOW :lol: O.K. now that I got that out of my system, I feel a little better, not :wink:
I know that feeling oh too well. It's wonderful when it's over but then you always want to be on it.

Hope they can fit a seat for you and you get your scoot soon!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I know this feeling of 'the kid in the candy store' very well.

My experience was a little different - I was the kid in the candy store who could not get the lid off the candy jar!! :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robert, I like your no nonesense go get em style. I use to live in Plano, TX so I understand about bringing out the 6 shooter :)

I actually negotiated a very good deal with this dealership. He's just hedging on the price of trade in because I got him pretty good on the helmet. :p Hopefully I will be able to sell this bike tomorrow and not have to do a trade in.

I just wanted to order the Corbin seat ahead of time because the wait time is 2 to 3 weeks right now. I also wanted 15% off of the seat which he was not willing to do until I bought the scoot through him. I could get that % off elsewhere but I would prefer to do business with him because his dealership is pretty close to where I live (which will be a first for me).

However there is also a dealer close to where I work and if I don't like his deal I will go elsewhere.

And Norm I say forget the lid and break the jar!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts