Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came off of a 2005 Burgman 650 - purchased 4/17/2012 - made for a 6'6" person - dual saddle with oval backrest for driver and passenger - charcoal faux-snakeskin seating - no welts - no cuts or tears - excellent condition!

Paid $1,042.00

Asking $550.00 plus shipping

Call Mike @ 478-319-6372 or email me at [email protected] for pictures.

If you would like to find out if this seat will fit your Burgman 650 you can call Corbin at 800-223-4332 - Hollister, CA

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
This seat will fit all 650's 2003-2012.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
It would be nice to see some pics , and measurements from the very front of the seat to the driver's butt rest .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the top front to the back of driver seat is 16 inches - the widest part of the seat is 17 1/2 inches.

Pictures are forthcoming. It is a very nice seat and hardly used.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
From the top front to the back of driver seat is 16 inches - the widest part of the seat is 17 1/2 inches.

Pictures are forthcoming. It is a very nice seat and hardly used.
Unless I'm measuring wrong that's about what the stock seat is ?
When you post the pics please show one with a tape measure measuring
from the front to the seat butt .

Thanks .....TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Unless I'm measuring wrong that's about what the stock seat is ?
When you post the pics please show one with a tape measure measuring
from the front to the seat butt .

Thanks .....TheReaper!
TheReaper, I measured my stock seat (with the butt rest off) last night. I got 17" Wide X 15" Long on my '07 Burgman Executive. I measured from the bottom center edge of the step up to the end of the seating area in the front. He says he measured just as I did. So you would get an extra inch if this is so. Doesn't sound like it is any longer in the seating area to me really. If this seat is for a tall person, I expect it will sit the rider taller on the bike, extra padding requiring a longer inseam.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
When measuring the seat, it should be measured from a point on the bike, like the ignition switch to the back lower seam of the drivers saddle. Being the L seat, it should be 2 inches longer than their S standard seat. This way it would be easy to compare to what you have now.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I've got a Corbin seat built on the long pan on my 650 so I went out and did a couple of measurments.

Measuring from the seam at the top front of the seat to the seam where the kickup starts at the back of the seat I get a measurement of 17 inches. Measuring from the shutter lock point on the ignition switch to the bead right in front of the drivers backrest I get a measurement of 32 1/2 inches. That bead is at the top of the kickup area.

One other measurement you can do to tell if a seat is built on the Corbin long or standard seat pan is to measure the distance between the driver and passenger backrest mounting brackets. That distance will be about 2 inches shorter on the long seat. On my long seat the distance is right at 13 inches.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I've got a Corbin seat built on the long pan on my 650 so I went out and did a couple of measurments.

Measuring from the seam at the top front of the seat to the seam where the kickup starts at the back of the seat I get a measurement of 17 inches. Measuring from the shutter lock point on the ignition switch to the bead right in front of the drivers backrest I get a measurement of 32 1/2 inches. That bead is at the top of the kickup area.

One other measurement you can do to tell if a seat is built on the Corbin long or standard seat pan is to measure the distance between the driver and passenger backrest mounting brackets. That distance will be about 2 inches shorter on the long seat. On my long seat the distance is right at 13 inches.
Sounds like a standard seat with the butt stop removed .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
195 Posts
From the Corbin site:
Standard seating: 16.5" wide x 15" long
Passenger: 16.5" wide x 15" long
Rider Seat height: 30.5"

Tall seating: 16.5" wide x 17" long
Passenger: 16.5" wide x 13.5" long
Rider Seat height: 31"

Look on the bottom of your seat to confirm your model:
#S-BURG-C Dual saddle, 2003 - 2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
#S-BURG Dual saddle Tall Model, 2003 - 2011 Suzuki Burgman 650

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Burgman 650 Corbin Seat

I want to thank everyone for their helpful comments about the Corbin seat. I just sold it today and have already shipped it to its new owner in Bossier City, LA who has a 2011 Burgman 650. I sold it for $550.00 and he paid $75.00 for shipping. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Sounds like a standard seat with the butt stop removed .

TheReaper!
It moves you further back than the standard seat with the butt stop removed. I've got a 33 inch inseam and I can put my legs up on the front floorboard turn up area and straighten them completely out with my knees locked. No way I could do that on the stock seat with the butt stop removed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts