Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys this is my first post since right after i joined the forum and bought my an400k4, but i read the forums every day, i can't tell you how helpfull this forum is!,anytime i can think of a question i go to the forum and in a past thread it is usually answered,my biggest problem is instead of just going out and cranking up my burgie in cold or rainy weather i usually have to take it for a spin as i told my wife"it's the best money i ever wasted". anyway i am considering upgrading to the corbin seat and possibly the mallosi, but i am a critical care nurse very good at my job, but not much else,are these complicated procedures?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Ronnie - welcome back :wink:

Well there ain't much to taking off the seat and replacing it with a Corbin, particularly if you get a third hand to hold things steady for you.

The Malossi is a wee bit more involved but here is a link so you can judge yourself:

Multivar Installation

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
There is no way to know your limitations at wrenching but I feel safe in
saying the seat should not be a problem.
I also would suggest you do a "search" , there is some information about both (a lot on Corbin)
And let me add I hope never to meet you , on a professional level while your working :lol: :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mallosi

right after submitting my post i was searching the gallery and saw the installation of the mallosi, thank you for your replies though, my profession can be quite sobering somedays, the best think a can say if driving wear your seatbelt, if riding wear your leathers,my burgie is like a wonderful friend that helps me relax from the stress, i think i saw a mention here somewhere that it is like"a easychair on wheels", i am not sure if that is the correct quote but it applies

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I've had a Corbin on my 400 for 150 miles now; so far, so good. It's for sure a massive improvement! Check out Oneida Suzuki's price before buying elsewhere.

I paid to have a pro install mine, and was glad I had done so when the first attempt failed. It seems that there are some dimensional variations between the Corbin and the original, or at least there are between _my_ Corbin and the original. The mechanic had to modify the latching mechanism to make it work.

Total install cost was about $65.

Be advised that the new seat will be slightly too heavy for the pnuematic support, and that the light will be relocated to a place where it will not work as well. To me, these tradeoffs are well worth it. The factory seat was great for a test ride, but caused me severe pain after an hour or so.

Wish I could offer Malossi advice, but I don't have one. Happy Riding!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Lapine, was Corbin advised of the latch situation? I'd think it would be something they would want to adjust on future seats.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Corbin Seat

O.K. Everyone, I am a little confused. After reading several pages of laments re: the Corbin Seat I decided to call the Corbin company and find out what the deal is. According to Corbin in Daytona, Fla. the 400 seat costs 479.00 and there is no tax if shipped to a state like GA. The shipping cost was 25-30.00 not 60.00 as someone else said. I asked about the problem with the hydraulic lift and the person (Mike) said that a new hydraulic rod was sent automatically without charge to adjust for this. I asked about the problem with the latch and he said that he had no problems. Although he did say initially the seat would be a little stiff and hard to close but that as it wore in that situation would be alleviated.

Is this true?

Soon to be a definite 400 owner by March.

Evelyn

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Evelyn,

That's the difference you run into by buying from different sources. Prices, shipping, and options will vary. Oneida probably has origional stock on hand that does not have the hydraulic rod included. One other difference you will see is that the colored piping on the seat is only availabe direct from Corbin. From Oneida you'll get black piping.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Evelyn,

I'd consider it all to be true. The $60 shipping fee was from Oneida Suzuki I think. They sell the Corbin seats for a bit less than buying direct from Corbin, but then they seem to "play games" with the shipping fee. We have wondered about that before. It is also possible that Oneida is trying to reclaim the cost of Corbin shipping the seat to them, as well as the cost of them shipping the seat to you.

If you buy direct from Corbin, I'm sure that you'll find everything you were told to be true. If you buy through a retailer, your experience may vary. For instance, the seats at Corbin now have the stronger prop rod, and possibly other design corrections. But there may be older inventory at some retailers that does not have that.

I've always dealt with Corbin directly, and I've always been happy with their product and service.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Looking at the Corbin site, its not clear to me what covers are included at the $479 price. Are they saying you can have any of the various colored leather...rather than plain black? Just curious; don't see any that would look good on Silver other than black anyway. Sorta interested but waiting to hear more from those who already have one.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Copied from the Corbin 400 page :

"Genuine leather seating is included with your choice of colors and style."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts