Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a Corbin seat for my 2003 Burgman 400. Can some one supplement the instruction manual on how to remove the old seat, step by step. I would also appreciate any other helpful comments for the installation process. Yesterday, I installed the Givi trunk. The instructions offered little help on how to remove the back plates and the fact that you had to remove a screw for the backrest to remove the front plate to complete the installation. What should have taken 45 minutes took about three hours.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I know a guy in Heath, Ohio that will install your Corbin for $25.00. He did it for me on me 650. PM me if you are interested and I'll hook you up.

Kelly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the seat myself without great difficulty except that I cannot get it to latch. I called Corbin and they said it needed to squish a bit. Anyone else had this problem, I would welcome suggestions on how to correct?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Not latching means they (corbin) wrapped a bit too much padding around the bottom edge of the seat pan. Squishing it compresses that padding. In my opinion, though, Corbin should fix it. It's a mistake and they should be ashamed. A good seat should mount and fit the bike as well or better than the original.

Some Corbins have two problems so far... Hard to latch and too heavy for the lift. I'd stay away until they get these problems solved.

Dave B.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I had a dealer install my 400 Corbin. He notched the mechanism on a grinder to get it to latch, but it's still tighter than I'd prefer.

I've had conversations with Corbin about the strut-arm not supporting the weight. They are working on an alternate design, but I have not heard any talk of specifically when a solution will be in place.

Wish I had better news, but I don't. For what it's worth, Bill Meek and I rode down to Huntsville AL yesterday, a 200-mile trip that I could _never_ have made on the factory seat. With the Corbin, there was only slight discomfort. For me, the tradeoff of a little latching and strut inconvenence is worth it.

At least I'm riding. That factory seat was downright _horrid_.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hate to swim upstream here but...I installed my Corbin with a little help from a friend, and I haven't had any problems with it latching, and my post holds it up fine (with only one backrest - not two.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts