Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal? I tried to order a Corbin saddle for my 03 Burgy and was told not only by my dealer but by Corbin that they don't make one!! I was told that they have two models for the 04 but nothing for the 03. When I check at my dealer's parts department they said the part numberr is different for an 04 OEM seat but couldn't tell me why or what the difference is from an 03 seat. Anybody know? :evil:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Bill,

I think you got some bad information. The Corbin seat for the 650 has been installed on a few 2003s. The first production one we heard of was evaluated by Bryan (Greengoose) and was installed on his 2003 650. You might want to call Corbin direct at 800-538-7035 or 800-223-4332. You can also read Bryan's review of the Corbin seat at :

http://www.burgmanusa.com/corbinpicta.htm

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info! I was pretty sure that the test was done on the 03 Burgy but it seems that every time I try to get info on an accessory I feel I'm the only person in my local shop speaking english! I'm trying to order a seat with an insurance settlement & have to order thru the repair shop b'cuz the insurance company made the check out to them. My shop also can't order from Clearview so I may have to settle for a Givi windshield.....how do they stack up? I'6'3" with a 34" inseam.....stock shield has gotta go.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Bill:

I have the corbin on my 2003 650. Easy bolt on. It will improve legroom and comfort. Although I believe that the driver's backrest is overpriced I am glad I bought it.

As an aside, I am swapping my GIVI screen for a xl clearview with vent. Should arive in two weeks

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Bill,

It sounds like you need another shop for any future work. I'd ask to speak to the owner/manager and provide him the details of what you want ordered, price it is available at, and contact information for the company (Clearview, Corbin, etc). Mention if they are unwilling (not unable) to order the parts you specify, they can refund the money and you'll take your business elsewhere.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A Corbin seat is thicker than the stock seat and when opening the compartment underneath, it will not clear a GIVI trunk . The trunk has to be removed first. I love my Givi trunk. I purchased the back rest and running lights. Installation of the running lights takes a lot of patience but it can be completed in 2 hours.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts