Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up a few weeks ago in a trade. Since I do not ride a Corbin, it is up for sale. It is the LONG version a few are seeking. It includes the drivers backrest.

It is not in perfect condition, but it is not bad. There are a few small scuffs along the bottom where someone did not store it on a soft surface.

I asked Corbin about a new cover and they do not sell a cover alone. You must send the seat to Corbin and they will do the cover. So, the cover stays as is.

At this price, I prefer a check or paypal done with ready funds as they will tax it heavily.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, here are the rest of the pictures. You can email or text, preferred, or call (5132387358). Possibly trade your stock seat for partial trade.

[email protected] or
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Cary,
I don't understand your post, as I don't know what an s-burg is. Does this seat fit a 400 or a 650?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 650 seat. those that have an interest in one know S-Burg means long. Don't know why they did not make it L-Burg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pardon me for asking, as I just logged on. Is this seat still available? I wish there was a way to delete ads once they have sold. Looks like this one dates back to 2008.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My membership goes back to 2008. I posted the ad last Friday. As of now, the seat is still available.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like a good day for a Bump

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Price Drop.....

I had made a return offer to someone and would make that offer for all. $400 for the seat. Free shipping within the the continental US.

After next week, the seat gets wrapped up till spring.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Let me tell anyone who is considering this seat....you will not regret it! I have one on my scooter and it is a terrific seat. I've been in this saddle for many 12hr days, and it has never cause any discomfort. At that price (or so), it's a bargain and deserves a bump!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Like you can't get it recovered locally ? TheReaper!

I picked this up a few weeks ago in a trade. Since I do not ride a Corbin, it is up for sale. It is the LONG version a few are seeking. It includes the drivers backrest.

It is not in perfect condition, but it is not bad. There are a few small scuffs along the bottom where someone did not store it on a soft surface.

I asked Corbin about a new cover and they do not sell a cover alone. You must send the seat to Corbin and they will do the cover. So, the cover stays as is.

At this price, I prefer a check or paypal done with ready funds as they will tax it heavily.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem is they use rivets instead of staples. I have not been able to successfully remove them. If it is something I am simply overlooking, I would gladly take that advice as my seamstress could make the cover. It's sort of an all in thing. You commit to getting the cover off no matter the damage to the seat pan. and yes, getting covers made can get very expensive. I talked to some local places and they wanted a few hundred $$$ just for the cover. I am sure there are places that will do it for less, but you have to find them. Personally, I would not mess with it. It may not be perfect, but not in embarrassing condition. It's just if you don't disclose the obvious damage then my name gets tarnished. But the two most important things are being forgotten. It's a LONG seat and it has a backrest. Last fall there was a Long seat that was severely damaged on CL, and it sold for $250, no backrest, and it was not in riding condition.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
If you can I would like to see a picture of these rivets ? TheReaper!

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you can I would like to see a picture of these rivets ? TheReaper!
Post 2
Looks like a simple drill out and replace to me
Or staple like most other upholsterers would do
I would be all over that if it was in Australia, looks a very simple fix.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Sorry about that I didn't notice the pic of the rivets in the original post . And I agree a simple drill out would suffice . That said I can see why it would cost s few hundred to duplicate that type of seat cover .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That said I can see why it would cost s few hundred to duplicate that type of seat cover .
Since I am trying not to swear as much, It's because so many of them think they are the only person whom you can get to do it. Yeah, no cursing..... I approached one guy to do all the sewing for the seats, he wanted $275 per seat just to sew the vinyl. And that is with regular business. A also do not see why Corbin will not sell one and mail it to you. It is just one of those things. I can get my seamstress to sew a new cover, but I hesitate. I will debate it this winter and see.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Australia is recognised as one of the most expensive placed on the planet

I got the seat for my other bike reshaped about 12 mths ago, the hard plastic from the pan digging in my tailbone was removed and he decided to make a totally new cover for it.
Charged $180 for it

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Australia is recognised as one of the most expensive placed on the planet

I got the seat for my other bike reshaped about 12 mths ago, the hard plastic from the pan digging in my tailbone was removed and he decided to make a totally new cover for it.
Charged $180 for it
While some things here is the states are very cheap , skilled labor is normally not one of them . Especially if it has brick and mortar attached to the service . Except for one immigrant guy who had his own little shop here for awhile (gone now) , my experience with upholstery people has not been good . God forbid if you ask one of them to do any thing special . All that said , getting a seat to fit an individual comfortably is no easy task . A lot of trial and error and then it's still a crap shoot . I have a Silverwing seat that I have an enormous amount of my own hours in , and it's great compared to any Silverwing seat out there , but it's still far from perfect .

Not easy . TheReaper!

·
Registered
508 Posts
While some things here is the states are very cheap , skilled labor is normally not one of them . Especially if it has brick and mortar attached to the service .
And yet I can buy houses there for a fraction of the cost of here.
Median US price for 2015 according to Zillow is $180,000 US
http://www.zillow.com/home-values/
Median Australian price for 2015 is $530,000 us with Sydney now cracking $720,000 US+
http://www.corelogic.com.au/research/monthly-indices.html

1 - 20 of 26 Posts