Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,
I’ve been in contact with Corbin ever since the release of the new seat for the 650. Long story short, I told them of this site. I offered to review one of the seats (Just jokingly :lol: ). They watched :shock: the forum for a few days (I’m assuming from comments in the email from them). They thought about it for a few days, they emailed me back and they decided to send me an evaluation seat to review. The only thing they want is for me to write an honest review of the seat. It will be a few weeks before I receive it. Stayed tuned for a complete in depth review in the new "Official Review section."

Here is a quote from my email:

"If anyone asks, rumor in R&D is that Mike is looking to borrow a 400 so
we can make a seat for that model too. If there's someone around the
Hollister, California area willing to lend us theirs for a couple weeks,
they get the first part out of the mold as payment for the bike loan.
-Greg”

I waited till after Corbin's regular working hours to give everyone a fair chance at donating their 400.

-Bryan

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I wish I was closer so I could lend them mine. Would love to get the freebie. Though I'm not sure if I could give up my 400 for that long...might go withdrawl from not riding.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Bryan,

That is awesome!

(They ought to get someone to try the seat on a Blue 650 too - sorry Allwalk...)

Glad I was saying nice things about their product... I wonder who else lurks here from time to time...

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Hey, Bryan! That's great news. Like most of us "larger" riders, I'd like to have a better seat with more "stretch out" room and and a little more comfort over a long ride. I'd been seriously considering the new Corbin but hated to spend the money without really knowing how it worked.
Look forward to your test results. :D

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Bryan,

Something to check on that Corbin seat... As you know, many of us taller folk have removed the butt stop to gain a couple inches more leg room. From the picture, the Corbin has no butt stop, but it has a clearly defined driver bucket (and passenger bucket). What us tall folk need to know, is if the driver bucket puts you in a position equivalent to the stock seat with the butt stop removed, or further forward. Really important. It would be a show stopper for me if the seat cost me leg room.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try to take side shots before and after to see how the back area compares. I plan to take lots of hi res photos so everyone can get a good feel for the seat.
-Bryan

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Well that's kind of a "feather in our cap"
--I don't think Corbin needs to give anyone a "test" seat so they must know (like we do) that this site has an impact on Burgman owners . :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Corbin Seat

That is my number one beef with the AN650, which I otherwise love.

I'm almost 6'2" and I dream of being able to stretch my legs out.

As it stands, I barely can, and it's a shame, because this scooter is meant to allow that (but only if you're under 5'9" it seems).

Removing the backrest is pointless, because there's a metal bar forming the actual butt stop and the backrest tapers down to almost nothing down there anyway.

I actually like the backrest in terms of its support and angle -- it just does not go back far enough.

If Corbin redesigns the seat, I hope they'll make the butt stop a good 5-6" back from the current maximum. If they merely integrate the backrest with the seat, but keep it at the same position, it will not be an improvement, at least for me.

I think shorter people are probably quite happy with the stock seat, so the Corbin seat should be designed for the taller rider, who has no recourse at the moment.

David

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Corbin Seat

Darex said:
Removing the backrest is pointless, because there's a metal bar forming the actual butt stop and the backrest tapers down to almost nothing down there anyway.
Removing the lumbar bolster / back rest is most definitely not "pointless."

I'm 6' 5" and prior to removal my knees were brushing the glove box. After removal I have inches to spare. "almost nothing" is definitely not "nothing."

The new "butt stop" is harder than it was with the cushion in place, but nothing I can't live with, at least until I get a custom seat. And I just tell people who ask about the two holes that they're the air conditioning vents. :wink:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: Corbin Seat

Brian said:
And I just tell people who ask about the two holes that they're the air conditioning vents. :wink:
I'd go with "Ram air induction ports". They do look funky. The harder butt stop never bothered me at all. I rode for a few thousand miles with it. Eventually I had the seat recovered, mainly to enhance appearance.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All of you tall people will be very happy with my report on the Corbin. Im 6'2" and ....well you will see in in the upcomming review.
-Bryan

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Better inform Corbin to start the assembly line and kick it into high if this is as good as it sounds!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
casek said:
Better inform Corbin to start the assembly line and kick it into high if this is as good as it sounds!
If you haven't been to their Web site yet, check it out.

The black leather with gray piping would look really nice on my Silver 650!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts